Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The orthopedic Doc told me not to pull anything with my right hand higher than my chest. Going to MRI this week.

Ah what he did not know is that I have had that shot for many years. :). Hunted jack rabbits in high gear stubble for many winters. They did not give you time to anchor on your face. I had a thumb knuckle on nipple shot.

LOL here is a 12 yard group from nipple anchor. Need to practice up.

:shooting:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I feel your pain, been dealing with an ac joint pain for the last 6 weeks in my draw arm. Been drawing low, which helps, but anchor high. High anchor definitely puts more stress on the shoulder. Back to the Doc next week. Good luck with your prognosis.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Where there is a will there is a way!

Alan

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Rusty when I saw the thread title ya had me scared buddy! But I understand, ya do what ya gotta do. For the past year I've been using a very high anchor and recently started having neck and shoulder problems. I've dropped back down and it seems to alleviate it a great deal....but I sure hope I don't have to go THAT far down!

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LoL, I was being funny but I have used the shot at running rabbits in close cover. I even hit a few. I pretty got well the shot down with a 48" sinew back bodark bow and a pinch draw.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not our kinda bow but interesting. Local hickory sapling stave with cable backing (nylon chalk line). You can see the cable back did work by how little (none) stringfollow there is .

I shot it with pinch draw and chest anchor

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,511 Posts
Well if you think about it.....

Start with an archer shot-gunning an arrow.

Then think about an Olympic archer with sights. The anchor has dropped but the object used to aim is about the same height as before.

Maybe for a 'Nipple Anchor' (Isn't that how Roman archers aimed before they were 'educated' into using a facial anchor?) the riser/limb junction could be used as a reference/sight?

Are there any holes in the upper part of the Revolution riser that might be used?

Reactions: rusty craine

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,511 Posts
Reactions: rusty craine

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The intuit used a multi strand cable. If they had knot that worried them they wrapped the strands around the knot. When you tighten the cable it compressed the knot area. Clever.

What cable does is moves the neutral plane above back. Thus protects the back

More than you eve waned to know about cable backed bows

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was not the first guy to think of it. Bow tillered as part of a circle. I did not know him well but I played with his kids.

Strange things interested geezer. Ok I'll get back on topic now

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.