Trad Talk Forums banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,073 Posts
my current limbs lot is comprised of older WINEX & XQ-1s, SF Ultimate Pros, Kaya, Samick/Tradtech Extreme BF.
I also like SKY (Earl) Conquest & SKYJACK limbs....and Hoyt Gold Medalist C+. currently none are in my hands........
US & Korean limbs is pretty much all I buy.

Reactions: HedgeHunter

·
Registered
156 Posts
not buying Chinese products is a matter of choice, no doubt china can make top quality for very lower price than the prices in other part of the world.
but you can do something for your country with buying your country production.
you can do less pollution by buying production near your home.
for our industrial or artisanal knowledge it's good to buy things from our country, because one day they disapear if we always buy chinese products.
if you haven't got a lot of money but you want to have some good quality like richer archer buy chinese
if you got some money to spend buy your country production

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Yes, If all i had was Chyna intel, conjecture is just what your going to have.

one thing is correct speed has nothing to do with killing thin skinned game. May help with Rhino pushing a 1000grn arrow some.

HH~
It's not "Chyna intel". The guy videos his chrono as honestly as anyone anywhere does. Watch the video, unless you're scared of clicking on something served from China.

While I'm at it, how about showing some basic politeness and spelling folk's countries properly. Don't see folk here writing "Murica" or "Amerikkka" or other disrespectful crud about your country. A lot of folk are of Chinese descent, fluent in English and into our sport. China's history in traditional archery is phenomenal, their contribution vast. Hell, they basically invented the curve profile of the limbs we're talking about here.

And anyway, you've bought stuff Made In China for most of your life. So it's kind of absurd to be bitching about other people doing so when it comes to archery.

Cheers,

·
Registered
369 Posts
Really, I have been fighting commies almost my entire adult life. Purty sure when I say I dont buy Commie chit I mean it. Have a German stove , New Zealand dishwasher, and a Korean refridge. Buy USA in the end you'll come out the better for it.

Speed dont mean much to me as I regularly kill big game with selfbows with a heavy arrow doing no more than 115fps and have been for 40yrs. Arrow design has done more gaining good arrow flight than bow speed has both in kickstand bows or single string rigs anyhow. If I was to chase speed with an arrow it clearly would not be with a single string rig.

HH~

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
At the range took this photo of a fellow archer's Uukha's. In case you don't know what people refer to about Uukha clear coat issues, this is what they're citing. Again, great limbs but it's kind of inexcusable that something so basic as clear coat can go so bad on these limbs. Bargain basement limbs, sure, but not these.

When people say the finish on the N3s is top class, they mean it. After thousands of arrows and some very hard hikes, they look near new. Some won't care about this, but I sure do. I don't want humidity or whatever getting under the skin on my limbs, or them just looking like that.

Here's hoping Uukha finally listen to their customers and sort this out. I've no doubt they will.
Door mat Wood Flooring Floor Rectangle

·
Registered
44 Posts
On carbon limbs clear coat does sweet f/a.. Water is not able to penetrate the limb of a solid carbon limb..If they are wood cored ect then water will get in, eventually..
I have a set of uukha limbs where the carbon cloth is visibly askew, almost to the point of a fold in the layup..
IF uukha had proper quality control they would NOT have left the factory.. I have never seen this level of sloppiness in a asian product..

·
Registered
156 Posts
at the start of uukha, they have got this coat problem until today, they know about it, and chose to not change it, but may be they don't care because, a lot of archer still buy their production easy even the big cost for a customer .
it's not a matter of quality control.
in regards of the cost it's a pity they don't work on the cosmetic durability, it's true.
but a lot still buy it because cosmetic have no influence on the performance of this limb and performance are here.
if you want cosmetic , buy cosmetics limbs at low price it's a matter of choice.
if you can find limbs with same or more performance with a good cosmetics you have to buy it.
if nika limbs are enough for you in performance but are a way better in cosmetic buy it too.
but if you want ukkha performance buy uukha limbs.
if you like border buy border, if you like DK factory limbs buy it
in final it's just a matter of choice
in france we got a said: " choisir c'est renoncer"
to choose is to renounce

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
if nika limbs are enough for you in performance but are a way better in cosmetic buy it too.
but if you want ukkha performance buy uukha limbs.
Hopefully @Breathn will get around to some side-by-side comparisons with his shooting machine, but as I can tell shooting Nika N3's alongside Uukha's at the range, they're sort of similar in draw profile, and seem similar in speed or faster, to the Evo2. They seem similar in speed (but very different in draw curve) to the Gobi's. Next to the Uukha's, the N3's look higher quality. The carbon cloth lay is dead straight on the N3's, clear coat perfect. Nothing more useful to share here than these observations, unfortunately!

EDIT: How a limb feels to draw is important - not all about speed. I prefer the gentle preload and smooth overall draw of the N3s, others will appreciate the higher preload but 'roomier'/soft back of draw with Gobis and super curves. They should choose the Uukha's in that case.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Easy not to buy Chyna limbs. My Archery is mostly comes out the woods. Have some Sky and Hoyt limbs all made here. My glass bow collection was all built in USA. Dont own any Chicom Wpns either.
If i can i buy Taiwan products or India. My machines and tooling is all Taiwan Grizzly or USA made. You buy Chyna junk you deserve what ya get IMHO.

Most folks dont care they buy whats cheap. True enough. Can you not buy Chi Com crap? You bet you can. Just reach in that pocket and pull out the green and add some more for the good stuff.

Koreans make good stuff too. If ChiComs made Autos for USA market would you buy one? I think not and for good reason.
HH~
You can buy a very nice book on using proper grammar for not a lot of money. Written by Americans in the English language, printed on paper made from American trees, and printed in America by American workers. And you can pay cash for it with American made currency.

If you are going to piss and moan and beat your chest about how deep your hate for another country is, it may be a good idea to be able to communicate it clearly in your native language. Otherwise, it can be hard to take you seriously.

I'm not fond of supporting the Chinese economy over our own either. All of my wood and glass bows are domestically made by a person I can call on the phone. I appreciate that.

But all said, I'm looking into a set of the N3 limbs because they seem to be an improvement over the Uukhas in finish. Plus I can use them on my DAS bow since they have the traditional removable style ILF fittings.

If they were a blatant exact copy of a Uukha, they would have non-removable ILF fittings, finish issues, and the same draw curve.

That's just my American made opinion. The exchange rate makes it worthless so you didn't even have to pay for it.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I have a feeling that some selection bias has seeped into this thread. For some broader context: Uukha Gobi Limbs from Alternative Services.
Good thread. Would be interesting to see the link Anton mentions here (though I don't have FB).

I recently came across a post on FB barebow page where numerous people had uukha failures. Not sure what model. I really liked the sx50 I tried but I would definitely research if there are any complaints. Seems uukha was warranting them well at least
Uukha output at a scale far larger than Nika. Failures will happen. @Breathn sells Gobis and saw only one issue. The good thing however is that the Uukha warranty system has proven integrity, so if the limbs do blow up (as happened to another on TT) you will get your money back from this French company, or via the vendor.

I'm not aware of any Nika N3 failures, but it will surely happen one day, as Nika's output approaches that of Uukha. Every prod line has its duds. Whether they stand behind their warranty, is yet to be seen. Foolish for them not to, as the CEO is a competitive archer and will know full well that company rep is make or break stuff in this market. So to speak.

·
Registered
31 Posts
SugarG, yes, all indications are that Nika N3s are copies of the Uukha "Curve" or "Progressive Curve" series.

See the force/draw and delta force/inch of draw curves for a couple ILF limbs tested on both 19" and 25" risers at thetradlab.com to get a feel for what happens to those curves when the same limb is moved to a shorter riser. Generally, the curve moves to the right by about 3 inches of draw length. So your 28" draw on a 19" riser might feel about the same as 31" on a 25 riser. (This assumes that the limbs are heavier draw weight on the 25 inch riser.)

They haven't tested any S-Curve limbs and the Curve limb they tested (Ex1 Evo2) they only did on a 19" riser. But they did do the VX+ X-Curve on both riser lengths. The Carbon Velos is a more conventional limb that they tested on 19" and 25".

For what it's worth, Uukha (strangely) recommend the same limb length no matter your riser length. Conversely, some bowers - e.g. Border and Backwoods Composites - make five different limb lengths and recommend them based on cross-referencing riser and draw length.
Continuing the discussion from the Nobleton thread here, since the thread title of Nika N3 vs Uukha Gobi/ SX50's is a bit more appropriate. To bring any one else in this thread up to speed. Gobis from Alternative Services shipped to the US are comparably priced to N3 from Breathn so the choice comes more down to the finish and draw curve. I usually could care less about the minor cosmetic blemishes, but Remote's Uukha photo is pretty crazy.

Back to the draw curve and riser length info

It looks to me like for a 28" AMO DL on a <19" riser the gobi mediums would be better. On a >19" riser the N3s look a bit more appealing (or possibly gobi smalls for a shorter bow). I do think when choosing between the two draw length and riser length are important determining factors. The fact that Remote likes the N3s on his 19" riser and longer draw length is impressive.

I also do like the more conventional draw curve when shooting off the fingers. As a practitioner of traditional chinese archery I am well acquainted with the feel of these "S" type draw curves. They're great, especially for longer draws, but for my shorter mediterranean draw I'm going to echo Remote's preferences.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I wouldn't say "copied" rather inspired by, or improved upon - just as Hoyt, SF, W&W and countless others do routinely across conventional laminated limb designs and curves, all of which are very similar.

Here's hoping there are soon many producers out there racing to improve upon and out best each other in this new monolith carbon limb market, which Uukha started. This is just the beginning.

Anyway, this is pretty OT, let's continue in the comparison thread.
Whether a copy or not, thank goodness they did since as far as I know Uukha no longer makes that DFC style limb. I'd bet good money if Nika's limb is successful they'll continue to evolve their limbs in a different direction than Uukha. It would be nice to have a wide varied choice of these cool carbon monolith limbs in the future.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Yes, what we want are options, not brand monopolies over material combinations and designs - just as we enjoy with metal, carbon and wood/phenolic risers, 3k carbon/wood and carbon/foam limbs, carbon and alu tube arrows, all which rose from key innovations by bowyers and engineers.

As it stands there will be some that buy the N3's and later try the SX50's, and ding "this is it". And inversely there'll be those like Matt on here that go the other way, finding the N3 DFC suits them better than the SX50's.

Options are a good thing.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts