Trad Talk Forums banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
A whole courtroom full of patent lawyers wouldn't be able to accomplish a thing in China and Uukha knows it. It's well known that Chinese government has little regard for intellectual property rights or patent laws of any nation. Here in the US, the federal government has waged a losing battle against this sort of activity where the goods being imported not only look exactly like those made by the patent holder but the bootleggers have even copied their company name and logo.

As consumers, we have a choice where we spend our hard earned money. Low cost knockoffs are attractive, especially when they are well executed and seem to perform well. They're particularly attractive when the consumer perceives the worst case scenario is loss of their purchase price.

In this case, Nika seems to offer a replacement warranty which mitigates the consumer's concern about product failure even more, as long as they're around to honor it. On the other hand, if the product fails and you're seriously injured, good luck to you as it's very likely there is no product liability coverage to compensate you for your injuries. A consumer who has shot tens of thousands of arrows and never experienced a limb failure probably won't be concerned at all about that. If you're set on purchasing Nikas, I would suggest buying through a retail outlet in your home country. At least the retailer might have some product liability insurance.

Clearly, Nika has copied Uukha's product right down to the limb tip design, even using their advertising literature. Hey, at least Nika has their own logo!
I don't see how their advertising literature is the same. If I was making a limb I'd "copy" that awesome limb tip design too and the best parts of any limb I can find. What's bad about that? As for the rest, Gobis and N3's feel very unalike on the draw. You would feel different about your post if you tried them.

Good points about limb failure and reparation. Thankfully my Nika's are flying along after thousands of arrows now. Really like them.

·
Registered
369 Posts
What i said. Gvt had billions invested in Solar Panels in 2016 with Chyna contracts in USA. Chyna just said “Nope, we will make em cheaper”

you cant take Chyna to World court and you can bet Uukha has patents for their limbs. No question about it. As, far as Chyna limbs buy em. None of my dollars going there. I make my own before i do that.

HH~

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
What i said. Gvt had billions invested in Solar Panels in 2016 with Chyna contracts in USA. Chyna just said “Nope, we will make em cheaper”

you cant take Chyna to World court and you can bet Uukha has patents for their limbs. No question about it. As, far as Chyna limbs buy em. None of my dollars going there. I make my own before i do that.

HH~
On what brand of device did you write this post? Or do you make your own electronics too?

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts

HH~
I see people post “I won’t buy China“ statement all of the time but the reality is they do. Their house is filled with products from China, their cars, their clothes and shoes, and even their medicines. In this world today it’s impossible not to buy products made in China. It’s sad but due to crooked politicians and greedy businesses not buying from China is unavoidable.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Some things, you don't have much choice than to buy Chinese products, other stuff you do. You spend your money as you choose.

Note that I never said don't buy Nikas. It's your choice on where you spend your hard earned money. But let's not be disingenuous - the Nikas are a blatant copy of another company's product.

MY decision process is quite simple: do I buy the less expensive Chinese knockoff or for a few more dollars buy the original Uukhas made in France? You can probably guess.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Easy not to buy Chyna limbs. My Archery is mostly comes out the woods. Have some Sky and Hoyt limbs all made here. My glass bow collection was all built in USA. Dont own any Chicom Wpns either.
If i can i buy Taiwan products or India. My machines and tooling is all Taiwan Grizzly or USA made. You buy Chyna junk you deserve what ya get IMHO.

Most folks dont care they buy whats cheap. True enough. Can you not buy Chi Com crap? You bet you can. Just reach in that pocket and pull out the green and add some more for the good stuff.

Koreans make good stuff too. If ChiComs made Autos for USA market would you buy one? I think not and for good reason.
HH~

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Some things, you don't have much choice than to buy Chinese products, other stuff you do. You spend your money as you choose.

Note that I never said don't buy Nikas. It's your choice on where you spend your hard earned money. But let's not be disingenuous - the Nikas are a blatant copy of another company's product.

MY decision process is quite simple: do I buy the less expensive Chinese knockoff or for a few more dollars buy the original Uukhas made in France? You can probably guess.
Dave, even if the N3's were - in waking reality - a copy of the Gobi's, and I wanted an S-curve limb, you bet I'd buy the Nikas.

I spend a good part of my time in France. I can walk in and buy Uukha's cheaper than most. Gobi's are everywhere. I've seen the sealer coat cracking and chipping on the Gobi's, how different they can look limb to limb. There's a thread on here of folk struggling with limb buttons being way off center. Shabby stuff. You can find pictures of limb failure also. Customer service is not great, either.

Admittedly at their volume of production, some folk will inevitably have problems, but it's been a poor couple of years of QC for Uukha. I have no doubt they'll be back on top of those issues soon.

The N3's fit and finish on the other hand is truly top class. Us N3 owners all say the same. Far from your "cheap", they are a very high quality bit of kit. At least for now. The performance, look and feel don't lie.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Have both Nika and uukha. Not the same.
uukha ex1 is smaller dimensionally and lighter mass weight. Speed is surprisingly same. Uukha finish is total crap. Nika is totally good.

Reactions: Remote

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hedge, i think you dont really know what you are talking about..
In china the same as america you can have high quality products BUT you will pay market rates for these, OR one can have a lower grade product at a much reduced price..
China has old commy factories that produce absolute crap, then you have factories that are absolutely state of art masterpieces..
Built from the ground up with the very, very latest western technology, and now even there own home grown tech which is starting to over power the west in every area of endeavor..
Have you seen how fast they can build 4000 bed hospitals, with 1000 bed icu,s.. Have you looked at the video of the highway they built into Pakistan, thru the Karakorum mountains..
Look at how they bridge build, the shear speed they work at.. And last you better get used to it, its called the FUTURE..

·
Registered
140 Posts
Why the Max 6?

thetradlab.com has the Uukha Vx+ as a bit faster and quite a bit quieter than the Max 6. Uukha claims the Gobi is only 1.5 fps slower than the Vx+.

Gobi seems a better choice than Max 6.

BTW, can anyone here directly compare Gobi and N3 with a chrono?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Check out what the guys in the video are doing to Nika N3s on this page.

Could they do that with Uukha Gobis?

Serious question, as one of the attractions of these "monolith" limbs is durability.
Perhaps the Gobi's would structurally survive that, but their fragile clear coat wouldn't. It'd chip off at contact pressure all over. The coat on the Gobi's is cheaply done. Used Gobi's have cracked coats. As @everwood says above the N3 finish is far better than that of his Uukhas, side by side.

@Breathn has various Uukha's and Nika's. Says he likes them both. He has a shooting machine and chrono. Too easy to fake the speeds without a shooting machine. I don't wholly trust the crazy fps with 9-10GPP I see out of my N3's mediums, using my own dodgy method, and don't own a set of Gobi's. A shooting machine is the only way to know.

·
Registered
140 Posts
A shooting machine is the only way to know.
Too bad tradlab.com is not publishing more limb tests.

For what it's worth, Uukha claim that the Gobi is 2 fps slower than the previous-gen VX+, a limb for which tradlab got 202.6 fps @ 9 gpp. So Gobi might have got 200.6 fps.

Tradlab also tested the Ex1 Evo2: 194.33 fps @ 9 gpp. Uukha claim the Gobi is 3.5 fps faster than that one, so it might have got about 197.9 fps by that comparison.

So unless Uukha is full of it, Gobi might impress with 198-200 fps @ 9 gpp under the same testing conditions.

For comparison, the Hoyt Carbon Velos showed 192 fps @ 9 gpp.

Bear Grizzly: 181 fps @ 9 gpp.

The two Uukhas were also among the quietest of the ILF limbs tested, although the one-piece recurves were way quieter, by about 10 db.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Would also like to see some one on one speed comparisons. Speed's far from the most important thing in a limb for my needs, but hope someone with both can soon. As it stands best we have is this chrono, from the Uukha owner in China - shot off the fingers (video below):

70" 38lb Uukha Sx+ had 53.7m/s (176.2fps)
70" 38lb Uukha Vx+ had 53.4m/s
70" 36lb Uukha Xx had 52m/s
68" 34lb Nika N3 (mk1?) had 50.5m/s

Note draw weight difference, at same arrow weight.

VIDEO:

N3's may give the top Uukhas a run for their money, if those numbers are anything to go by.

·
Premium Member
14,073 Posts
remote - - you spend a lot of $ on risers n limbs - - - you need a chrony, it would be the most inexpensive thing in your repertoire.
then you could stand behind your posts...eliminate a ton of conjecture.......it would save you a ton of typing. instead of the he said / she said regarding speeds.
it's only a suggestion.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
remote - - you spend a lot of $ on risers n limbs - - - you need a chrony, it would be the most inexpensive thing in your repertoire.
then you could stand behind your posts...eliminate a ton of conjecture.......it would save you a ton of typing. instead of the he said / she said regarding speeds.
it's only a suggestion.
I have a chrony holed up in another country. I'll have it by the end of year. But I don't have any Uukhas or a shooting machine, so it's pretty much useless. As @Grantmac rightly pointed out, anyone can add a few FPS to a chrony test shooting on the fingers. Best we have is what I showed above. I didn't mind typing it.

@Breathn offered to run some numbers with his shooting machine. Until then, conjecture indeed.

Thanks for your suggestion tho

·
Premium Member
14,073 Posts
a shooting machine is not something you carry into the field with you, hunting or on the 3d course.
you need to know what the limbs are doing WHEN YOU RELEASE STRING. again, it's just my opinion.
JOHN's testing will be appreciated, I look forward to the head to head uukha / n3 speeds if he can get it done. even if it is on a shooting machine, haha.
it doesn't affect me any, I will not be buying french or china limbs.....I have my old school Korea conventional limbs.....but I like to read everything, and facts are good.

Reactions: Remote

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yes, If all i had was Chyna intel, conjecture is just what your going to have.

one thing is correct speed has nothing to do with killing thin skinned game. May help with Rhino pushing a 1000grn arrow some.

HH~

21 - 40 of 76 Posts