Trad Talk Forums banner
81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yes I believe those are in 70" on a 25" riser (y) . Those are also all black out front with little bulls on the bottom . IMO man are you in for a positive surprise . When you kill one "up there " the elk , bear , mountain lion or even a grouse I guarantee you Mr Matt they are not (the game) going to be asking you " Hey where are your limbs from ? :) Also carry big backup heat on Ya up there ! I don't believe in the word luck thats a man made word and phrase . I believe in being prepared and skill . Please post a pic if Ya get one !

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 · (Edited)
Here's the video:

If you run your N3s over, they survive, and you send Nika the video, maybe they'll give you free limbs for life.
I've not put mine through that but they have been way too hot in sun while strung (my dumb), attacked by branches and giant cutting grass on hikes, whipped by vines and all sorts of foliage. Probably seen over 5k arrows by now too. Apart from a tiny scratch on one tip (rock) and some clear coat shine at the limb butts, they look new. Weirdly tough these things.

EDIT: Matt, perhaps these limbs don't fill the grief hole of your last (damn, ouch), but let us know how you like them in any case!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Matt, any comparisons you can make with your (dearly departed) Uukhas would be very useful.
Stiffer, as has been stated these limbs load up like my widow did(conventional recurve I guess?) Same poa as the sx50s. Really nice post shot reaction as in just a thump.
I think they may prove quieter than the uuhkas once I throw some limbsavers on em.
Not super fair for me to be making many judgements on em with only 20 or so shots. Ill do some stunp shooting and such when I hit the mountain tomorrow and get a better feel for em. So far Im very pleased.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Well 2 days in the hills and Im perfectly happy with em still. Dang things took a beating yesterday getting drug
Through some nasty under brush all day. Plan on dragging em through the same stuff from the top down this morn.
Really good looking limbs. Would love to put hands on the pros.
Any of y’all on the fence should get ahold of John and get you some. Think Id rather get 2 sets of these than one pair of more expensive limbs.
These cant be but right there with the sx50s as far as speed goes. I like the more standard dfc for sure.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thank you, Matt!

Durability sounds (from your report and others) as probably superior to Uukha Gobi/Sx50.

You're thinking speed is similar or same. I'm a little skeptical just cuz the "Curve" profile did not produce great speeds when Uukha used that shape, and the Nikas are not particularly light. But I would love to be wrong. Still hoping someone can Chrono both and settle it. But if they are pretty close...

It may come down to sound. Both Uukha limbs (VX+ and Ex1 Evo2) TradLab tested were the quietest ILF recurve limbs they've tested.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Shoot John a message. He says hes getting a couple fps faster than gobis. I take his word as gospel.
I dont know that I can shoot the difference if there was one. I just ran my limb bolt til I got a bullet hole. Then verified my point on. It is identical to the sx50s. Thing is Idk what lbs Im at with these nor the uuhkas.
40 yard po with using the insert, 30 with edge of broadhead, 55 with lower anchor and 70 under my jaw. All sits the same as it was within my shooting abilities.
I get obsessive about shot sound. As they sit right now I can not hear a difference. Aint no longbow but neither was the uuhkas in that regard.
I honestly think, unless something is loose or tune is wonky most bows are pretty quiet with a clean release. A clean release does more for shot noise for me than bumping my 9 or so gpp arrow up to ridiculous heavy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was looking to buy some high-end carbon foam ILF limbs, had my eyes on the Uukha Gobis. In the end, and after a recommendation from Draven, I went with the new model of the Nika N3's, 55% 'carbon monolith' limbs. The owner of Nika Archery is an Olympiad and seems to know his stuff, so I thought why not give this new bowyer a shot and save a fair bit of money.

Nika offer them in both 70" and 68" in last year's model. The limbs I ordered are 44lb @ 68", as measured on a 25" riser. My intention is to use them on a 17" riser, bringing the weight up to 52lbs @28", ~54lbs at my DL, for a 60" bow. They were offering a deal on a simple 17" mag alloy hunting style 'ET-1' riser so I ordered that too.

I asked a bunch of questions to their staff, all of which were answered promptly and in great English. That gave me enough confidence in them to go ahead and buy them. In my view the information on their above page is insufficient, they need to improve there esp as regards the technical details, some benchmarking etc. Any case, I paid USD280 at the official store, shipping included in the price. They took about 20 days to arrive from China to my location, held up by the bloody pandemic for a few days along the way.

The limbs came in high-quality limb sleeves with velcro flaps and soft inner lining. My first impression just looking at them was that the finish was very good, not a single mark, scratch or blemish.

View attachment 35447

View attachment 35446
Limb buttons are perfectly centered. Limbs look shinier on the site, a sort of satin finish in reality. Smooth to the touch. Weave is neatly done across all surfaces of both limbs, nice and even.

View attachment 35448
Some black lint in the hex hole there. Thought it was oxidation or chrome chipping at first, but wasn't. Didn't notice when took the photo.

View attachment 35449
Limb tips are very small, supposedly to make them lighter for speed.

View attachment 35451
Shaping is good, seems professional.

View attachment 35452

View attachment 35453
Packaging dust on the limbs in this photo. Cast a shadow through the coating. Should've dusted them off.

ILF buttons were perfectly centered and clicked straight into my ILF risers without issue, albeit on one riser it needed quite a push due to the tight spring in the buttons. Need a bit of working to loosen them up. One of the limb buttons was a bit creaky at first but soon the creak disappeared. On 2 ILF risers with LLA zeroed the string was perfectly aligned with limb bolts. Ironically on their own cast aluminium riser, that came in the package, the LLAs needed about 1mm of shift to get alignment.

The torsional stability exceeds that on any of my bows, including my other CF limbs at around the same weight strung. I literally cannot twist them. Very even draw, I guess they 'feel' about 48lbs at full draw at 60" AMO. On my 19" F261 at 62" AMO, they feel less. Really smooth.

A bit disappointed they didn't publish the draw force curve for the n3's on their site, so I asked them for it. They sent me this. I can only guess that the pixelated parts were Mandarin, and that they translated it in red before sending. I'm guess that I have the 'pro' even though they're not labelled as such on their site.

View attachment 35445

My first shots were on the 17" ET-1 riser that I ordered from them, with a BCY Mercury 24 strand new Flemish string. I'm not a world champion archer, my words don't count for much, but I have shot a broad diversity of bows, and I will say these are hands down the fastest and most stable limbs I have ever put an arrow over. 11GPP arrows gave me quite a surprise, belting out like I'd expect 9GPP from my other CF limbs at same weight. Unfortunately my chrono is another country, and so it's all just words and impressions. No juicy data.

View attachment 35455
On the 17" ET-1 riser I bought from them (about USD120). Makes a 60" AMO bow.

These N3's are however not the quietest limbs, at least with this string material. They're not the noisiest either, but are pretty much drumskins with string slap, and on a metal riser. I put some paracord silencers on the 10th and 6th harmonics, and that ate almost all the hum. Velcro on the string groove took care of the slap and now they've calmed right down.

Once I've settled on which riser to put them on, I'll tune a bareshaft for them and perhaps by then I'll have my chrono.

Very pleased with these limbs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was looking to buy some high-end carbon foam ILF limbs, had my eyes on the Uukha Gobis. In the end, and after a recommendation from Draven, I went with the new model of the Nika N3's, 55% 'carbon monolith' limbs. The owner of Nika Archery is an Olympiad and seems to know his stuff, so I thought why not give this new bowyer a shot and save a fair bit of money.

Nika offer them in both 70" and 68" in last year's model. The limbs I ordered are 44lb @ 68", as measured on a 25" riser. My intention is to use them on a 17" riser, bringing the weight up to 52lbs @28", ~54lbs at my DL, for a 60" bow. They were offering a deal on a simple 17" mag alloy hunting style 'ET-1' riser so I ordered that too.

I asked a bunch of questions to their staff, all of which were answered promptly and in great English. That gave me enough confidence in them to go ahead and buy them. In my view the information on their above page is insufficient, they need to improve there esp as regards the technical details, some benchmarking etc. Any case, I paid USD280 at the official store, shipping included in the price. They took about 20 days to arrive from China to my location, held up by the bloody pandemic for a few days along the way.

The limbs came in high-quality limb sleeves with velcro flaps and soft inner lining. My first impression just looking at them was that the finish was very good, not a single mark, scratch or blemish.

View attachment 35447

View attachment 35446
Limb buttons are perfectly centered. Limbs look shinier on the site, a sort of satin finish in reality. Smooth to the touch. Weave is neatly done across all surfaces of both limbs, nice and even.

View attachment 35448
Some black lint in the hex hole there. Thought it was oxidation or chrome chipping at first, but wasn't. Didn't notice when took the photo.

View attachment 35449
Limb tips are very small, supposedly to make them lighter for speed.

View attachment 35451
Shaping is good, seems professional.

View attachment 35452

View attachment 35453
Packaging dust on the limbs in this photo. Cast a shadow through the coating. Should've dusted them off.

ILF buttons were perfectly centered and clicked straight into my ILF risers without issue, albeit on one riser it needed quite a push due to the tight spring in the buttons. Need a bit of working to loosen them up. One of the limb buttons was a bit creaky at first but soon the creak disappeared. On 2 ILF risers with LLA zeroed the string was perfectly aligned with limb bolts. Ironically on their own cast aluminium riser, that came in the package, the LLAs needed about 1mm of shift to get alignment.

The torsional stability exceeds that on any of my bows, including my other CF limbs at around the same weight strung. I literally cannot twist them. Very even draw, I guess they 'feel' about 48lbs at full draw at 60" AMO. On my 19" F261 at 62" AMO, they feel less. Really smooth.

A bit disappointed they didn't publish the draw force curve for the n3's on their site, so I asked them for it. They sent me this. I can only guess that the pixelated parts were Mandarin, and that they translated it in red before sending. I'm guess that I have the 'pro' even though they're not labelled as such on their site.

View attachment 35445

My first shots were on the 17" ET-1 riser that I ordered from them, with a BCY Mercury 24 strand new Flemish string. I'm not a world champion archer, my words don't count for much, but I have shot a broad diversity of bows, and I will say these are hands down the fastest and most stable limbs I have ever put an arrow over. 11GPP arrows gave me quite a surprise, belting out like I'd expect 9GPP from my other CF limbs at same weight. Unfortunately my chrono is another country, and so it's all just words and impressions. No juicy data.

View attachment 35455
On the 17" ET-1 riser I bought from them (about USD120). Makes a 60" AMO bow.

These N3's are however not the quietest limbs, at least with this string material. They're not the noisiest either, but are pretty much drumskins with string slap, and on a metal riser. I put some paracord silencers on the 10th and 6th harmonics, and that ate almost all the hum. Velcro on the string groove took care of the slap and now they've calmed right down.

Once I've settled on which riser to put them on, I'll tune a bareshaft for them and perhaps by then I'll have my chrono.

Very pleased with these limbs.
Thanks a million, I have been eyeing a set for a while, I was afraid they might be garbage , thanks for putting my mind at ease.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Thanks a million, I have been eyeing a set for a while, I was afraid they might be garbage , thanks for putting my mind at ease.
My pleasure mate. Thousands of arrows later I can say they're a stunning limb. Up there with the top Uukhas, but better quality finish - however hard that may be to believe! I'm getting another set of meds while the price is right, and will get some longs eventually too.

Just don't be fooled into thinking you're getting a draw cycle like the Gobis. You're not, you're getting a super smooth and stable conservative/traditional draw.

81 - 98 of 98 Posts