Trad Talk Forums banner
61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 · (Edited)
you think I could get away with mediums? I really want to make a 64” bow. And how do I find their long limbs?
When I get on their site all I get is 68” on 25” options.
I kind of want to test out some mediums in the high 40s low 50s at 30”. Could potentially be a killer hunting set up if they dont stack like crazy
I feel no stacking at all with the mediums on 19". Smooth as. I'm not the best judge though, as I'm so used to bows that tighten up a bit at the back. Cliff said he felt none. Longs only come in full decal and you can get them here: 68'' 70'' @25H N3 Carbon Fiber Limb Recurve Bow Limbs Progress Series

I sold a lot of these limbs when they first came out and always got great feedback . Only complaint I’d get from time to time was about the small tips and lack of string tracks . Recently got another set in and the string tracks are better than when they started and the tips being small just help with speed . I’m going to setup my shooting machine in coming weeks and do a test on them for speed and also throw in Uukha and other models to compare .
Breathn if you have a set around it would be really great to also test the "Newest N3" mediums (small decal) as they have an ever so slightly different curve. No idea which is the N3-Pro on that chart though.. They should be clearer there.

Rectangle Slope Font Plot Parallel

Any case, curious to see how they'll do!

·
Registered
762 Posts
I feel no stacking at all with the mediums on 19". Smooth as. I'm not the best judge though, as I'm so used to bows that tighten up a bit at the back. Cliff said he felt none. Longs only come in full decal and you can get them here: 68'' 70'' @25H N3 Carbon Fiber Limb Recurve Bow Limbs Progress Series

Breathn if you have a set around it would be really great to also test the "Newest N3" mediums (small decal) as they have an ever so slightly different curve. No idea which is the N3-Pro on that chart though.. They should be clearer there.

View attachment 37546

Any case, curious to see how they'll do!
Im getting a set of the mediums. At this price if they blow up due to over drawing I wont be out too much.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Im getting a set of the mediums. At this price if they blow up due to over drawing I wont be out too much.
Reckon you should be good to go at 30", though I only pull mine to 28.7". I see they go as far in the chart as 32", so I don't reckon you'll be near overdraw. Curious how they feel at your DL! They will absolutely belt them out at 30.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
They'll stack a bit, you can see that in the DFC and it'll be worse on a short riser. You can mitigate that by running minimum preload.

Reactions: Matt flint

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do you ever need to unstring the bow with this limb? I don't want my setup to be changed slightly every time I shoot. I'm using 21" riser + medium limbs.

I assume monolith carbon is very high quality and I won't need to unstring, right?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Do you ever need to unstring the bow with this limb? I don't want my setup to be changed slightly every time I shoot. I'm using 21" riser + medium limbs.

I assume monolith carbon is very high quality and I won't need to unstring, right?
There's no need to unstring, no. Just be sure to store it properly (away from direct sunlight, hanging from hook(s), etc.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think it was in this thread that Remote posted the Nika N3 draw curves, which included the mysterious N3 Pro as one of the entries on the graph. I had not seen the N3 Pro anywhere for sale, until I took at peek on Taobao today: https://parcelup.com/shop/item.php?id=661758108318#4946902726803

Here is the N3 "Progress" - the model for sale abroad at Amazon, Aliexpress, and elsewhere - listed at the same Taboo vendor: https://parcelup.com/shop/item.php?id=627113502834#4444779988808

For those unfamiliar, Taobao is like Aliexpress, but for people living in Mainland China. Aliexpress for foreigners, Taobao for Chinese.

Why is the N3 Pro only available in the domestic market? What is different about the N3 Pro, as compared to the N3 Progress? Why the big price difference?

The only info I've found about the Pro is the slightly different draw curve, which makes it look a bit more traditional:

Rectangle Slope Font Plot Parallel

·
Registered
14 Posts
The name says "Nika N3PRO all -carbon", so I think the difference is 100% vs 55% carbon? Nika N3 competes against Uukha SX50, while Nika N3Pro competes against SX100.
International price is ~21% cheaper for the N3 (280 vs 358). So potentially the N3Pro will cost $620 for foreigners.

But even at $620, it's more expensive than SX80, and too close to SX100 ($588 and $772, on Merlinarchery UK). I wonder what's their design goals and target customers?
The N3's price is fair and it feels better than traditional limbs in the same price ranges, but I don't know if spending big $ on the N3Pro is worth it.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
The name says "Nika N3PRO all -carbon", so I think the difference is 100% vs 55% carbon? Nika N3 competes against Uukha SX50, while Nika N3Pro competes against SX100.
International price is ~21% cheaper for the N3 (280 vs 358). So potentially the N3Pro will cost $620 for foreigners.

But even at $620, it's more expensive than SX80, and too close to SX100 ($588 and $772, on Merlinarchery UK). I wonder what's their design goals and target customers?
The N3's price is fair and it feels better than traditional limbs in the same price ranges, but I don't know if spending big $ on the N3Pro is worth it.
I agree that's too much. If you're ok with S-Curves, you might as well get the Uukhas at that price. Where are you seeing those N3 Pro limbs, by the way? I cannot even find them on their site.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree that's too much. If you're ok with S-Curves, you might as well get the Uukhas at that price. Where are you seeing those N3 Pro limbs, by the way? I cannot even find them on their site.
It's on Taobao: https://parcelup.com/shop/item.php?id=661758108318#4946902726803 , as shown by @Supraspinatus
The full store with everything is here: https://parcelup.com/shop/?p=search&vid=小豆芽翠

I wonder why their domestic prices are higher than international prices. Maybe they have high import tax / shipping fees that make international archery products even more expensive?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
It's on Taobao: https://parcelup.com/shop/item.php?id=661758108318#4946902726803 , as shown by @Supraspinatus
The full store with everything is here: https://parcelup.com/shop/?p=search&vid=小豆芽翠

I wonder why their domestic prices are higher than international prices. Maybe they have high import tax / shipping fees that make international archery products even more expensive?
That looks like a whole bow set, with riser and arrows. Or am I seeing it wrong. If so, a good deal.

A guy on Archery Talk from China expressed some anger that the locals pay more for their products. Would bug me too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Very interesting thread. I’ve been seeing that JCA has been selling those NIKA limbs but didn’t know anything about them. They are clearly uukha knockoffs; I’ve had a set of EX1’s for several years now and have absolutely loved them: have been looking for a set of that same generation uukha in the higher end but not x-curve. I will Have to take a hard look at these. I also have the same riser-John calls the JC Optimus, and has been a great setup for me.

·
Registered
140 Posts
It appears to me that Nika N3s are most similar to a higher-carbon version of the Ex1 Evo2s. Their marketing materials even reference the term "Curve," which was what Uukha called the shape of that generation of limbs. (The current gen is S-Curve, the generation before, X-Curve).

·
Registered
14 Posts
After the Euro price crash, Uukha limbs are incredibly cheap in Europe.

I just checked a few stores in Germany/France/Luxembourg, and the Gobi/Sx50/Uureg/Sx100 cost around 320/350/655/695 (+10-20) $, tax + shipping included. On Lancaster, Sx50 is 400$ before any tax.

At those prices, I think it's quite hard to justify buying a Nika (and definitely not the Nika pro). I was charmed by the advertisement where they stood on top of the limb on 1 leg and then it still bounced back (really want to test that myself lol), and is still really satisfied with how it's working. But I think I'll try an Uukha next time to see the difference.

Edit: from other reviews, it seems neither are better, just different. I'm hoping someday Uukha dares to do the "stepping on bow limbs" test

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 · (Edited)
I think there's a bit of Apples and Oranges with Nika and Uukha comparisons. As another here, an owner of both said in the comparison thread, the current line of Uukhas are really not alike in the flesh and draw cycle to the N3s. The finish on the N3s is a higher quality (no Uukha clear coat cracking issues) but aside from that if you want S Curves you definitely want the Uukhas (with the exception of the Evo2s, which are supposedly similar in profile to the N3s).

@everwood said:

Have both Nika and uukha. Not the same.
uukha ex1 is smaller dimensionally and lighter mass weight. Speed is surprisingly same. Uukha finish is total crap. Nika is totally good.
I prefer more of a conventional draw cycle with minimal preload and minimal room at the back. For this need I am happier with the N3s. I would like to shoot the Evo2s one day however, to compare.

·
Registered
149 Posts

Really content with my Nika N3 48# 68" limbs on my WF19. Thanks again Remote. My first ever Chinese limb purchase. So content thinking about ordering next ch-na Mail order bride . They pay there own way here and been told they don't give you much " yap" it's there culture . Also sign pre-nupt stacked to your favor . BTW that's my " hunting partner " in the video , know what I mean . Not all from ch-na cheap copy or bad . Lol . Look hard no cougars in this hunt .

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just an update report . Once again I don't have a horse in the Nika N3 limb race . Also as I have shared with in the past my first Chinese limb /archery related purchase . Unless the Samick stuff is lately being made in China and we are being "hoodwinked " somehow.
Anyway for over the last month I have uncharacteristic of me left my NIKA N3 48# 68" limbs strung on my WF19 . In an air conditioned room here in Fla @ a contant 74 degrees . I might add the heat and humidity here on the edge of the Fla Everglades gets brutal .
Since I purchased these limbs I have put easily over 700 shots through them . Not one dry fire on my part . The limbs have held up fantastic. They also look like the day I received them . I do tend to take great care and caution with my equipment. No stacking issues or complaints. I had originally ordered mine " far away " for $280 with the little bulls on the bottom front for hunting . When they arrived they came fully decals. So I was a bit passed but put camo covers on them . When I started trying and using limbs I quickly forgot because of there appearance and performance.

At the time I didn't know he carried them or I would have ordered them from " Breathn " John on here . Less wait time , no hassle and same price . Not writing this to get someone too purchase the Nika N3's , just sharing for 280 beans I got some dang good limbs .

Oh BTW my Nika N3's are currently sleeping in the limb sleeves that came with them .

61 - 80 of 98 Posts