Trad Talk Forums banner
41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just ordered from the Nika Corp the progress series N3 limbs 68" @ 46#'s . For hunting . Just like Remote's , but different #'s I believe , $ was not the issue , just wanna try them. Total cost to sw Fla $280 .
Next soon thinking about a 21" Das /Dalla or Discovery ilf riser .
Seems like alot of men blame you for there bow related purchases here on TT . I' don't know you Mr Gil however I'am blameing you also ! :ROFLMAO:
Remote , others thanks again ! God bless All ! ......

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
Man when you do a review, you REALLY do a review! You should be publishing these reviews in traditional archery magazines.

Based on your stats of 51.3# @ 9.6 gr per pound makes this one of the fastest results I have seen.

I like the idea of a less expensive alternative to great performing limbs. You caught my attention with the alignment review. These are direct knock offs of Uukhas down to even the same look of the decals. If the draw is as smooth as Uukhas they would be a winner.

Do you know if these come in XLong? When I tried to get a pair there was little information. I emailed Luke, questioned through Facebook and also sent a message through their website. After no responses to any of them so I gave up.

Are these the same N3 they sell on eBay?

Thanks
Gil
Don't know if I'm up to par for writing in top spots like that. While I'm not a bad shot, I'm just your average completely-obsessed trad archery hermit. Thanks for the kind words though!

Yep they are very fast limbs. Shots at 40m+ really show these off, like the site says - built for long distances but great for short all the same.

TBH I don't think they're copies of Uukhas. These aren't S-Curves, as I falsely thought. If you like the big horns, if you don't mind weight at the beginning of the cycle to give you room at the back, definitely go the Uukhas. These are somewhere in between S-Curve and standard limbs, which for me is a sweet spot as regards shot consistency, ease on the shoulders on long sessions, and supporting a rotational draw. As compound shooters know, a lot of shoulder stress falls at the beginning of the cycle, when the A/C joint is compressed and the upper arm forward. For this I like an ease-in draw. As someone that lifts weights, I'm attentive to that, possibly too much.

I agree the decal placement is really similar. Perhaps a bit cheeky of them to do that. Overall though I think Nika have really innovated here in filling a niche for those that don't like the 'extreme' room at the back of S-Curves, but want a very fast, smooth and ultra-stable carbon monolith limb with quick recovery.

My only word of warning with these limbs is that you cannot get away with a sloppy string hand. They are so torsionally stable - I cannot twist them - that there's no mercy on a crappy release. In this sense they initially felt a little machine-like and aggressive on release, compared to any others I've shot. Not recommended for junior archers. Wood and glass, or even my other carbon foams, feel more forgiving but less consistent.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 · (Edited)
Look like Chinese Uukha rip offs without question.

HH~
As an owner, I can confirm this is incorrect. They are unlike the Uukha's, contrary to what I initially thought. You may read my post above on this. Nika have been clever about this, making very high quality high performance monolith limbs with a more conventional draw curve. They are made for those who don't like the post shot vibe and deep back of the S-curves but want a very smooth draw and a quick arrow nonetheless. They're filling a niche.

Personally glad I chose these over the Uukhas. Top shooters, and very well built.

·
Registered
369 Posts
They look in every way to a T a rip off of the uukha's. I like the S curve feel. I have shot a few of them over time. How do they compare on a FPS check with 10GPP arra against the Uukha's with equal poundage?

Its always the same couple type guys who do not like the back end of uukha's. The guys with large dynamic releases or guy who use the stack of the limb to determine their anchor.

The after shot feels means almost nothing to me. They are what feel like, You build as many selfbows as I have you learn they all have a different feel. Static's do shoot like flipped tips and heavy reflexed don't shoot like a straight limb and a shorty does not feel like a 72".

Would love to try some of these limbs. I am sure someone will amble by with a set I can shoot sometime soon.

HH~

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
They look in every way to a T a rip off of the uukha's. I like the S curve feel. I have shot a few of them over time. How do they compare on a FPS check with 10GPP arra against the Uukha's with equal poundage?

Its always the same couple type guys who do not like the back end of uukha's. The guys with large dynamic releases or guy who use the stack of the limb to determine their anchor.

The after shot feels means almost nothing to me. They are what feel like, You build as many selfbows as I have you learn they all have a different feel. Static's do shoot like flipped tips and heavy reflexed don't shoot like a straight limb and a shorty does not feel like a 72".

Would love to try some of these limbs. I am sure someone will amble by with a set I can shoot sometime soon.

HH~
If I put all my lam ILF or Formula limbs next to each other, they look like a bunch of copycats. But on the bow, the originality is how they feel and perform. Just the same with golf clubs, tennis rackets, canoes, etc.

I agree the Nika N3s look on the surface a lot like the Uukhas, and were no doubt inspired by them. Being monolith carbon it makes sense to follow that same limb butt design. If I was making a lightweight monolith, you bet I'd do the same. They are far different in feel though.

As for speed, using the dodgy audio latency method, I was getting easily over 200fps with 10GPP with the meds on a 19" F261 (aka Optimus 1, aka EXE Scream). You can read that post in this thread. They feel very fast, but I think a real chrono will put them a bit slower than that. Cliff said his longs on a 19" Satori were a little bit slower than his Max 6's. On an HT21 they were faster.

Based on the chronos by another guy cited in this thread, they look to be about as fast as the top Uukhas. At USD280 shipped, that's a lot of bang for buck.

·
Registered
369 Posts
You put em thru a good Ohler and i may believe that. Until then ahh , not so much. Specially with those limbs not having working curves.

No question they Chinese copies without a material that can let curves work. Thats ok but thats what they are in my opinion and thats ok too.

HH~

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
You put em thru a good Ohler and i may believe that. Until then ahh , not so much. Specially with those limbs not having working curves.

No question they Chinese copies without a material that can let curves work. Thats ok but thats what they are in my opinion and thats ok too.

HH~
Haha, I can tell you they're a very different limb until the cows come home, but you've already decided they're Uukha copies without even shooting them. As they say, you can't argue someone out of a position they haven't argued themselves into.

For anyone else reading still reading this thread: if you like the deep back of the Uukhas, definitely buy them French limbs. If you buy the Nika's expecting "copies" you'll be disappointed as the bowyer that designed them (an Olympiad) had a different draw cycle and shot experience in mind, more for those that like a very smooth but more traditional draw.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Howdy again .
Just recieved short while ago my Nika N3 limbs . Long story , however short version . I ordered the one's with the "little bull" logo . They sent me the N3 decaled front and back version . 68"/48# . Anyhow not even goin to get ahold of Nika and return them . To much hassle for me and not a deal breaker .

The limbs look "excellent" awesome flawless build , thats another reason why I'am keeping them . The limb holder sacks they came in quality build and padded. I "am a hunter and backyard tinkerer "shooter" . Thats why I wanted them in "all black " .
Question please , I have never run into this issue before ??? Has any one of you's ever taken the decals off of your limbs ?
I'am not painting over them and don't want to mess up the beautiful finish under the decals . Like I said I'am not returning them . Not even "mad" .
The other thing I might do is take camo material to an elderly lady down the road and have her make me custom camo fit covers for my limbs for when I hunt with them .
Once again any thoughts please ?
Thanks in advance ! ...............

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Howdy again .
Just recieved short while ago my Nika N3 limbs . Long story , however short version . I ordered the one's with the "little bull" logo . They sent me the N3 decaled front and back version . 68"/48# . Anyhow not even goin to get ahold of Nika and return them . To much hassle for me and not a deal breaker .

The limbs look "excellent" awesome flawless build , thats another reason why I'am keeping them . The limb holder sacks they came in quality build and padded. I "am a hunter and backyard tinkerer "shooter" . Thats why I wanted them in "all black " .
Question please , I have never run into this issue before ??? Has any one of you's ever taken the decals off of your limbs ?
I'am not painting over them and don't want to mess up the beautiful finish under the decals . Like I said I'am not returning them . Not even "mad" .
The other thing I might do is take camo material to an elderly lady down the road and have her make me custom camo fit covers for my limbs for when I hunt with them .
Once again any thoughts please ?
Thanks in advance ! ...............
Glad they arrived! Ahh the decal issue - what a bugger.

I hunt with mine and there's no way I'm taking limbs this good out into the thick of it without protection, so I put camo limb socks on mine. Good news is doing so there's no need to put dampeners on the limbs, as the socks absorb almost all that classic carbon limb hum. I reckon you'll like them with light limb socks. For the limb tips, folk on here recommended I cut a bit of rubber hose and put them over the end to protect them. I did that and it works a treat. Just adds about 6gn to each end.

Let us know how they shoot!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Don't have time tonight to take a shot or two , however I strung them on my WF19 CD Archery riser . . Look and feel great !
I previously asked you (Remote) and another gentleman on here for your string lengths. Because though different designs you men were running 19" risers . I strung a 58" string on it to start " perfect" to start . Eight inch brace height for starters [bingo] . So far the feel and look excellent. Like some of you's said " Alotta darn product for the money . One year warranty too ! Will do follow up after I play with it in next couple days and take some shots.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Don't have time tonight to take a shot or two , however I strung them on my WF19 CD Archery riser . . Look and feel great !
I previously asked you (Remote) and another gentleman on here for your string lengths. Because though different designs you men were running 19" risers . I strung a 58" string on it to start " perfect" to start . Eight inch brace height for starters [bingo] . So far the feel and look excellent. Like some of you's said " Alotta darn product for the money . One year warranty too ! Will do follow up after I play with it in next couple days and take some shots.
Damn they look fine on that riser.. Bit jealous!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Shot the WF19 / Nika N3 this morning over my sons house 68"/48# . Just a regular guys impression review no expert here . Also I'am not the second coming of Robin Hood like a couple guys I know . My previous experience in ILF has only been with two sets of Samick R3 limbs 60" ad 62" which I purchased new . I can't compare my Nika N3's to any other limbs like Uukha or others . So from my experience this morning the Nika N3's on my WF19 have made me instantly a way more accurate (groups) consistant shooter . At furthest target and deer doe target I was grouping very good for me at 22 yards .

I did not experience any stacking , or post shot vibration . Don't have a chrono but they seem "quicker " for me .
Only negative I can say they are somewhat loud ( thump) after shot , ever with otter hide . However I have some remedies to try to quiet it more . Remember I'am just a 64 year young male hunter .

I have only owned my Nika N3's less than 24 hrs so time will tell . However as of today I would not hesitate to order another set . Any way thats my "regular joe " first impression on the Nika N3's . Really these limbs today put a smile on my face . Can't wait to hit the woods with them .

·
Registered
763 Posts
I was looking to buy some high-end carbon foam ILF limbs, had my eyes on the Uukha Gobis. In the end, and after a recommendation from Draven, I went with the new model of the Nika N3's, 55% 'carbon monolith' limbs. The owner of Nika Archery is an Olympiad and seems to know his stuff, so I thought why not give this new bowyer a shot and save a fair bit of money.

Nika offer them in both 70" and 68" in last year's model. The limbs I ordered are 44lb @ 68", as measured on a 25" riser. My intention is to use them on a 17" riser, bringing the weight up to 52lbs @28", ~54lbs at my DL, for a 60" bow. They were offering a deal on a simple 17" mag alloy hunting style 'ET-1' riser so I ordered that too.

I asked a bunch of questions to their staff, all of which were answered promptly and in great English. That gave me enough confidence in them to go ahead and buy them. In my view the information on their above page is insufficient, they need to improve there esp as regards the technical details, some benchmarking etc. Any case, I paid USD280 at the official store, shipping included in the price. They took about 20 days to arrive from China to my location, held up by the bloody pandemic for a few days along the way.

The limbs came in high-quality limb sleeves with velcro flaps and soft inner lining. My first impression just looking at them was that the finish was very good, not a single mark, scratch or blemish.

View attachment 35447

View attachment 35446
Limb buttons are perfectly centered. Limbs look shinier on the site, a sort of satin finish in reality. Smooth to the touch. Weave is neatly done across all surfaces of both limbs, nice and even.

View attachment 35448
Some black lint in the hex hole there. Thought it was oxidation or chrome chipping at first, but wasn't. Didn't notice when took the photo.

View attachment 35449
Limb tips are very small, supposedly to make them lighter for speed.

View attachment 35451
Shaping is good, seems professional.

View attachment 35452

View attachment 35453
Packaging dust on the limbs in this photo. Cast a shadow through the coating. Should've dusted them off.

ILF buttons were perfectly centered and clicked straight into my ILF risers without issue, albeit on one riser it needed quite a push due to the tight spring in the buttons. Need a bit of working to loosen them up. One of the limb buttons was a bit creaky at first but soon the creak disappeared. On 2 ILF risers with LLA zeroed the string was perfectly aligned with limb bolts. Ironically on their own cast aluminium riser, that came in the package, the LLAs needed about 1mm of shift to get alignment.

The torsional stability exceeds that on any of my bows, including my other CF limbs at around the same weight strung. I literally cannot twist them. Very even draw, I guess they 'feel' about 48lbs at full draw at 60" AMO. On my 19" F261 at 62" AMO, they feel less. Really smooth.

A bit disappointed they didn't publish the draw force curve for the n3's on their site, so I asked them for it. They sent me this. I can only guess that the pixelated parts were Mandarin, and that they translated it in red before sending. I'm guess that I have the 'pro' even though they're not labelled as such on their site.

View attachment 35445

My first shots were on the 17" ET-1 riser that I ordered from them, with a BCY Mercury 24 strand new Flemish string. I'm not a world champion archer, my words don't count for much, but I have shot a broad diversity of bows, and I will say these are hands down the fastest and most stable limbs I have ever put an arrow over. 11GPP arrows gave me quite a surprise, belting out like I'd expect 9GPP from my other CF limbs at same weight. Unfortunately my chrono is another country, and so it's all just words and impressions. No juicy data.

View attachment 35455
On the 17" ET-1 riser I bought from them (about USD120). Makes a 60" AMO bow.

These N3's are however not the quietest limbs, at least with this string material. They're not the noisiest either, but are pretty much drumskins with string slap, and on a metal riser. I put some paracord silencers on the 10th and 6th harmonics, and that ate almost all the hum. Velcro on the string groove took care of the slap and now they've calmed right down.

Once I've settled on which riser to put them on, I'll tune a bareshaft for them and perhaps by then I'll have my chrono.

Very pleased with these limbs.
I wonder, are the ilf fittings normal style so as to swap for standard das bushings? Im very intrigued by these limbs.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I wonder, are the ilf fittings normal style so as to swap for standard das bushings? Im very intrigued by these limbs.
Not sure if it was Coodster or BowEarl who knocked theirs out, said they are all the way through bushings and were easy to swap to DAS. Seems to me there's a rash of folk buying them right now but no 2nd hand market for them yet. That said at USD 280 shipped it's not too painful to experiment. Can confirm they're a steal at that price.

·
Vendor
932 Posts
I sold a lot of these limbs when they first came out and always got great feedback . Only complaint I’d get from time to time was about the small tips and lack of string tracks . Recently got another set in and the string tracks are better than when they started and the tips being small just help with speed . I’m going to setup my shooting machine in coming weeks and do a test on them for speed and also throw in Uukha and other models to compare .

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just checked my Nika N3's I received a couple days ago , they came with the good improved string groves .
Also I had taken a cardboard template of my limbs and of my Striker Classic longbow 62" limbs to Granny Bodine down the road along with an old camo shirt I had and she sowed me up two homegrown camo limb covers .
They fit perfect .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I sold a lot of these limbs when they first came out and always got great feedback . Only complaint I’d get from time to time was about the small tips and lack of string tracks . Recently got another set in and the string tracks are better than when they started and the tips being small just help with speed . I’m going to setup my shooting machine in coming weeks and do a test on them for speed and also throw in Uukha and other models to compare .
John I would like to see a comparison between Nika And Sx50 longs. I have a 21” riser I would do a set of longs on.

Shooting with a machine will show the true performance of these limbs. Backyard testing like I did is worthless compared to a machine.

I started looking at Uukha for a less expensive Border alternative. It would be nice to find an additional alternate too.

·
Registered
763 Posts
you think I could get away with mediums? I really want to make a 64” bow. And how do I find their long limbs?
When I get on their site all I get is 68” on 25” options.
I kind of want to test out some mediums in the high 40s low 50s at 30”. Could potentially be a killer hunting set up if they dont stack like crazy

41 - 60 of 98 Posts