Trad Talk Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Said I'd let folk know how I felt about the Nika N3 all-carbon limbs after 1000 arrows or so. I wrote about them in my mini review here:

Nearly 2 months later I've put way more than 1k arrows over them, and can safely say I love the things. Personally never shot limbs so fast and consistent. Fit and finish is top class and they even sound good for carbon. They are not really S-Curve, but a bit in between, a bit more conventional to draw.

Due to having a solid carbon 'monolith' stick running their length (rather than foam), they have very high torsional stability, and so I've had to be real careful with my grip and string hand when shooting without added weight. They do not twist, and so can be a little less forgiving of grip torque and bad string hand than say, bamboo + glass or carbon, or even my CF limbs at same weight.

I bought the 44lb mediums (on a 25" riser), and run them on a 19" riser giving me (after some tiller adjustment) just under 52lb at my DL. Feels like about 48lb at full draw. Curve profile makes a shorter bow than I expected, 58" end-to-end at 7.5" brace. Happy with this as I prefer a shorter bow for hunting in dense country.

Thanks to @Draven O for the recommendation. I can now wholly recommend them also. Glad I went with these over the (more expensive) Gobi's.

----

EDIT: Don't buy these limbs if you want S-Curve. Cannot compare them to the Uukha's like that (as many do, incl myself at the beginning). If you want very affordable high-performance limbs with a more conventional draw curve than say SX+ yet smooth as silk, these are definitely it.
Said I'd let folk know how I felt about the Nika N3 all-carbon limbs after 1000 arrows or so. I wrote about them in my mini review here:

Nearly 2 months later I've put way more than 1k arrows over them, and can safely say I love the things. Personally never shot limbs so fast and consistent. Fit and finish is top class and they even sound good for carbon. They are not really S-Curve, but a bit in between, a bit more conventional to draw.

Due to having a solid carbon 'monolith' stick running their length (rather than foam), they have very high torsional stability, and so I've had to be real careful with my grip and string hand when shooting without added weight. They do not twist, and so can be a little less forgiving of grip torque and bad string hand than say, bamboo + glass or carbon, or even my CF limbs at same weight.

I bought the 44lb mediums (on a 25" riser), and run them on a 19" riser giving me (after some tiller adjustment) just under 52lb at my DL. Feels like about 48lb at full draw. Curve profile makes a shorter bow than I expected, 58" end-to-end at 7.5" brace. Happy with this as I prefer a shorter bow for hunting in dense country.

Thanks to @Draven O for the recommendation. I can now wholly recommend them also. Glad I went with these over the (more expensive) Gobi's.

----

EDIT: Don't buy these limbs if you want S-Curve. Cannot compare them to the Uukha's like that (as many do, incl myself at the beginning). If you want very affordable high-performance limbs with a more conventional draw curve than say SX+ yet smooth as silk, these are definitely it.
Do you happen to know if these Nika 3 55% carbon limbs have a maximum draw length , I want to put a set of 40 pound limbs on a 17 inch riser , that should give me a 48 pound recurve , you can do that with Uukha limbs but I don't know if you can do that with these Nika limbs , thought I would ask. thanks.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Do you happen to know if these Nika 3 55% carbon limbs have a maximum draw length , I want to put a set of 40 pound limbs on a 17 inch riser , that should give me a 48 pound recurve , you can do that with Uukha limbs but I don't know if you can do that with these Nika limbs , thought I would ask. thanks.
What's your AMO DL?

I currently run my 44lb mediums 8lb over spec on a 19" riser, and can draw to 31 inches without stacking. Shoots great. My AMO DL is 30.5". I wound out the tiller bolts twice.

I have a 17" but not with me right now. From memory at my DL I was just getting into the stack. With longs it would not be an issue and would make for a good and more forgiving shoot.

A few N3 owners on here and AT have quite long DLs.

·
Registered
762 Posts
What's your AMO DL?

I currently run my 44lb mediums 8lb over spec on a 19" riser, and can draw to 31 inches without stacking. Shoots great. My AMO DL is 30.5". I wound out the tiller bolts twice.

I have a 17" but not with me right now. From memory at my DL I was just getting into the stack. With longs it would not be an issue and would make for a good and more forgiving shoot.

A few N3 owners on here and AT have quite long DLs.
Im somewhere around 31”
These n3s feel really reminiscent of my 64” widow. Much stiffer on the back end than the uuhkas. Still plenty comfortable though

·
Premium Member
14,073 Posts
Matt there was a set of the C1 cornerstone limbs over on the other forum's ads. Dunno pounds etc. or if they are still there or not.
yeh they are 28# mediums and look to still be available. AT fita ads.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Has anyone tried their entry/intermediate-level Cornerstone C1 limbs? Not clear if these are monolith construction, although they kinda appear to be.

This guy says they are "incredibly quiet" for $130:
Good to see a happy Uukha owner being open minded enough to try those bottom of the line mid-rung Nika's. His conclusion that they're as good as some low-end Uukhas (but have a more conservative draw curve?), very well finished and so quiet, tempts me to grab a pair of longs for my 17", as an experiment.

They sound a bit quieter than the N3's but hard to tell with video. If so, could make good hunting limbs with little silencing. The carbon cloth looks great, but not as fine as that on the N3's to me. Again, with video it's hard to tell.

Thanks for sharing! Wouldn't have given them a 2nd thought otherwise - went straight for the N3's after Draven sung their praises.

EDIT: Only see them in mediums, oh well.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Remote, I've decided to change the limbs on my barebow rig - getting ready for indoor - and I've mounted my Nika on my FC-100 riser. With tillerbolts in they are #45.4, the marked weight on 25" riser is #44. I backed them down one turn to adjust for the arrow and they are #44.2. With a 22cm BH and even tiller the combo is the quietest I've shot in a while - no limbsavers or velcro under the string at the tips. The limbs were perfect aligned on the riser, no need to do LLA changes from my old limbs - MK Vera. And eyeballing performance wise they are at MK Vera level.

Plant Terrestrial plant Flowering plant Natural material Grass

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Remote, I've decided to change the limbs on my barebow rig - getting ready for indoor - and I've mounted my Nika on my FC-100 riser. With tillerbolts in they are #45.4, the marked weight on 25" riser is #44. I backed them down one turn to adjust for the arrow and they are #44.2. With a 22cm BH and even tiller the combo is the quietest I've shot in a while - no limbsavers or velcro under the string at the tips. The limbs were perfect aligned on the riser, no need to do LLA changes from my old limbs - MK Vera. And eyeballing performance wise they are at MK Vera level.

View attachment 39750
Looking good Draven, black horns on red - mean and classy at once. Crazy good you're getting performance on par with the MK Vera's out of those limbs. Quite a few records set with the Vera's, I read. Would like to shoot them one day.

I will have a play with 20-22cm+ brace on a 25H riser soon and see how my N3s sound at some point, perhaps at the range with this UX100 owner who is curious to swap for a round or two.

Wishing you good shooting with that rig at the indoors this year.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Good to see a happy Uukha owner being open minded enough to try those bottom of the line mid-rung Nika's. His conclusion that they're as good as some low-end Uukhas (but have a more conservative draw curve?), very well finished and so quiet, tempts me to grab a pair of longs for my 17", as an experiment.

They sound a bit quieter than the N3's but hard to tell with video. If so, could make good hunting limbs with little silencing. The carbon cloth looks great, but not as fine as that on the N3's to me. Again, with video it's hard to tell.

Thanks for sharing! Wouldn't have given them a 2nd thought otherwise - went straight for the N3's after Draven sung their praises.

EDIT: Only see them in mediums, oh well.
In the comments to the vid there are some contrarian views - some saying that the C1s are not actually monolith construction, just with carbon veneer to make them like like they are. But I would say enough positive reports to take a punt on a pair of limbs at that price point.

·
Premium Member
2,639 Posts
My N3's hit the weight I bought at 2 turns out. So... my limbs are weight specific and mid-range on a 25" Decut Basha Pro riser.

Reactions: Bucco921

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
For the record my mediums made expected weight at 28" on a 19" F261 riser and a 19" Oak Ridge Nobleton bolted down. Nothing unusual about the pad angles, seem the same. I'm drawing them at 10lbs over marked weight at my DL.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts