Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Said I'd let folk know how I felt about the Nika N3 all-carbon limbs after 1000 arrows or so. I wrote about them in my mini review here:

Nearly 2 months later I've put way more than 1k arrows over them, and can safely say I love the things. Personally never shot limbs so fast and consistent. Fit and finish is top class and they even sound good for carbon. They are not really S-Curve, but a bit in between, a bit more conventional to draw.

Due to having a solid carbon 'monolith' stick running their length (rather than foam), they have very high torsional stability, and so I've had to be real careful with my grip and string hand when shooting without added weight. They do not twist, and so can be a little less forgiving of grip torque and bad string hand than say, bamboo + glass or carbon, or even my CF limbs at same weight.

I bought the 44lb mediums (on a 25" riser), and run them on a 19" riser giving me (after some tiller adjustment) just under 52lb at my DL. Feels like about 48lb at full draw. Curve profile makes a shorter bow than I expected, 58" end-to-end at 7.5" brace. Happy with this as I prefer a shorter bow for hunting in dense country.

Thanks to @Draven O for the recommendation. I can now wholly recommend them also. Glad I went with these over the (more expensive) Gobi's.

----

EDIT: Don't buy these limbs if you want S-Curve. Cannot compare them to the Uukha's like that (as many do, incl myself at the beginning). If you want very affordable high-performance limbs with a more conventional draw curve than say SX+ yet smooth as silk, these are definitely it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just got a set of these limbs this week and put them on my HT 21 with DAS plates. The limbs line up perfect. I bought 34# limbs and they are scaling right around 37# at 28 on the 64 inch bow. I'm not a tuning expert but so far a full length Gold Tip Ultralight 500 with standard inserts and a 145 field point are flying like bullets. The bow is quiet, the string I'm using is a 12 strand Rhino from Ten Ring.

Thanks for the heads up on these limbs. I think I might buy a heavier set down the road.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got a set of these limbs this week and put them on my HT 21 with DAS plates. The limbs line up perfect. I bought 34# limbs and they are scaling right around 37# at 28 on the 64 inch bow. I'm not a tuning expert but so far a full length Gold Tip Ultralight 500 with standard inserts and a 145 field point are flying like bullets. The bow is quiet, the string I'm using is a 12 strand Rhino from Ten Ring.

Thanks for the heads up on these limbs. I think I might buy a heavier set down the road.
Glad to read it worked out on the HT21! Also will buy another set myself, possibly longs for competition. How much did you end up paying for shipping? For some reason it was free/included in the USD280 price when I got mine. Don't know what Draven paid to Canada.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Remote , Others
Thanks for updates , thoughts etc regarding these limbs . Been giving them (N3) a hard look to possibly order a set for myself also (for hunting). I know this is the folow up thread .

Heres the original : Nika N3 S-Curve 'carbon monolith' mini review

Havent looked good but seems like one can't get them for $280 delivered anymore .
My pleasure. Any that give these a go will blown away by their performance and speed. Bang for buck damn hard to beat.

Shame you can't find that shipping deal anymore. If you do order them, do it direct from the maker's site I reckon - better deals that on Amazon

·
Premium Member
2,639 Posts
I've only seen those limbs in medium's. Do they offer longs and shorts?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've only seen those limbs in medium's. Do they offer longs and shorts?
I think for longs you need to get the ones with the full size logo. Seem functionally identical to the meds I have with small logo. But you could ask them. Great customer support and English is good:

Don't see shorts anywhere. Would be nice!

·
Spearhead
4,062 Posts
I asked before I placed my order.

NIKA ARCHERY
April 9, 11:46 AM CST​
We can guarantee the quality of one year free maintenance and return, don't worry, our products are all produced by our own factory, and there are very strict requirements for product quality control.
NIKA ARCHERY
April 9, 8:00 AM CST​
Thanks for your message! We will get back to you as soon as possible. If you do not want to wait, we will follow up with the contact information you provide. We will reply to your message within 24 hours! thank you for your mail!
Chad
April 9, 8:00 AM CST​
What kind of warranty do you offer on the nk3 limb, looking at shooting 7-7.5 grain per pound limb/arrow.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My pleasure. Any that give these a go will blown away by their performance and speed. Bang for buck damn hard to beat.

Shame you can't find that shipping deal anymore. If you do order them, do it direct from the maker's site I reckon - better deals that on Amazon

I was just on their website and it says shipping to NJ is free and they have a warehouse in the states. It also says shipping would be 6-8 days. Also free shipping on Amazon. The only thing on Amazon it doesn’t say the length.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts