Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been perusing field quivers as of late on line. Currently I am using a standard style front facing target quiver and am thinking I just might like a field quiver instead. On Lancaster I was looking at the Easton nylon field quiver for something on the cheaper side. On the more expensive side I have been looking at Ceded Ridge Leather Works Custom Small Cruiser field quiver in leather.
I was wondering if there were any other suggestions to look at or pictures of what others are using. Have a little birthday money ($100.00) so I am kind of in the mood to splurge a little.

·
j-san = Jason
1,684 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,891 Posts
I have been using the German Ridge "possible bag" quiver for years for roaming target and hunting use. A couple of my friends have also switched to it as well. 3R used to carry it, and thats where I got mine. Tt's basically a high grade leather primitive rifleman's "double-bag" hunting pouch with a well-made metal-frame "bowquiver" mounted on the outside flap.

Over the years I have modified the original from a 4-arrow to a 6-arrow model, (last time I looked a 6 arrow version was being offered) widened the shoulder strap and added a knife pouch to the strap. I also added a hanger for a small "riflemans hatchet" under the back pouch flap.

By simply removing the quiver, switching some of the bag contents, and tying my powder horn on the strap I am ready for flintlock hunting. so it does real double duty

www.germanridge.com/leather_goods/index.php

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Are you looking for nylon or leather?
For nylon I am totally thrilled with the Aurora Shark. Very well built and comes with a nice belt.
For leather I just got a Fist. The wait was long, much longer than I'd been prepare for, but the quiver is amazing. I got a 4 tube model with single large pocket.

-Grant

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Grant - I could probably go either way. My current is nylon but if I found a leather one that was not to ornate I might go with that. My tastes run the more simple utilitarian functionality. The one thing I did not like on the Easton field quiver was Easton printed in big letters. Like I said simple and plain but like good quality.

·
Victim of Geography
1,160 Posts
Some nice quivers there.

Silly question but why do the arrows face backwards as opposed to the target quivers having the arrows facing forwards?

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Some nice quivers there.

Silly question but why do the arrows face backwards as opposed to the target quivers having the arrows facing forwards?
Easier to move around and shoot from awkward positions. I've owned both and I'd never shoot a target style again.

-Grant

Reactions: Zulu

·
Spearhead
3,576 Posts
Another reason for a field quiver, when your shooting on the line and someone in front of you can't stay in his area and bumps your arrows at full draw.
Very distracting.
this happened to me a few times during state a few years ago, one was as I released the arrow.

Chad

1 - 20 of 22 Posts