Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I know I could tape up the belly on the Revolution to cover the slots. It would still bother me. How bout something old and something new. This is one of Rick McKinney's Gold Medalist. Mount a pair of Hex 6W 32# shorts. I got to whip out a string but shooting the rig with a twisted up string it has potential.

Bow weighs right at four pounds with bare bow weight. Greysides and I will start a gold medalist club :)

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,512 Posts
Before you get big into tuning try the same weight in the lower stab.

Reactions: rusty craine

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have another GM with an R6 grip. This has a R3 grip (low grip). I like the low grip more this bow. The GM is kinda of a rattling bow but I really like it. Spent a lot of time shooting one. I wish I had gotten a 23" when I had several chances to.

I have been shooting my SF UP limbs lately and a lot. It was a shock to get back to the HEX 6s. They really are fast and exceptional thru the clicker. Smmmmooooth.

http://s1340.photobucket.com/user/rustytxrx/media/6632group_zpsfc29840a.mp4.html

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Rusty,

You try it with the 12" Stab yet?

-Grant

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Correct me if I am wrong. I think this is the first production ilf riser. Hoyt Gold Medalist. If you put a pair of Border's super curve on it. Get a view different rods and weights, you can get a lot of competition.

Get the grip you like. Some well tuned medium priced target arrows and I don't think you leave much on the table. Matching the Hex 6W and a well tuned springy rest makes good sense. I can cover 7 - 80 yards by just moving the string blur when string walking.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rusty, just what are you going to shoot in July? :):):)
The Gold Medalist for 100+ target and the Stolid Bull for 50.

Tori you are a remarkable archer. I know quite a few guys that would not take on 6+# riser for a field round. You are a strong shot. I will be looking forward to see your scores for the season. Best of luck. :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
The Gold Medalist for 100+ target and the Stolid Bull for 50.

Tori you are a remarkable archer. I know quite a few guys that would not take on 6+# riser for a field round. You are a strong shot. I will be looking forward to see your scores for the season. Best of luck. :)
Hey Rusty, thank you for that high praise. I try - not sure what the season will bring but I plan on enjoying myself no matter what.

Yes, I suppose the riser is heavy. But I have also shot Olympic recurve for a while, and lugging all that bling around on a HPX riser is around the same weight, and a lot more unwieldy.

I have taken to using a bow stand for all field rounds, so when I'm not shooting, I can just sit the bow down easy as that. And the shot process ... it's not too difficult - as you are holding the bow with two hands from the moment your draw hand touches the string, at least with my style. Much easier on the bow arm/shoulder. I have examined my movements as I shoot, and I make the action as economical as I can.

I guess being a professional rock-climber also helps, and I grew up on a farm so I'm no stranger to physicality. Looking forward to meeting you, I'm doing the 10 days in Yankton (guest shooter in the NFAA Nat's).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.