Trad Talk Forums banner

DAS Pearson Equalizer warf

3K views 40 replies 19 participants last post by  Tom M 
#1 ·
I got a new project in the works, updating an old riser.
Pearson Equalizer might be 18".
Adding a set of my older DAS plates to it.
had the grip frame contoured to mimic my favorite JAGER DAS grip.
Added another plunger hole.....and a bump.
Cerakoted to some shade of OD green/gray.....we'll see hwo the color turns out.
IT MIGHT be out of the cerakote shop in a day or two.
More later.....here's a teaser of it mostly completed....grip still in progress at this (pictured) stage .
Brown Insect Wood Flooring Floor

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice in so many ways ... I'll be watching the progress of this little beauty

#6 ·
thanks guys.
BART, nope, I sent it off to a friend to do the work on.
Tom, going to be some variation of OD green/gray shading, cerakoted; I gave a general description of what I wanted for color, but it will be mysterious until I either get a picture or get it in me mitts.
Original grip was ok for me - - but I sent a favorite grip along and said grind frame down to fit it......... he was afraid of casting voids after looking at it, so he formed a grip for me on the grip frame.
I might have it here in about a week.

Reactions: Tom M
#7 ·
This opens up so many possibilities. Was there something unique to the Equilizer that made it a good candidate for this? Did your machinist just use a DAS plate for a pattern? Would love to see a photo of the milled surface on the riser if you took one before placing the plates.

#9 · (Edited)
Thanks Levi.
Bart, I sent riser with some old DAS DALAA plates I robbed off a Dalaa riser a year ago, it(Dalaa) came with ILF plates as well, and I sold the Dalaa to Dkard with ILF.
Mike Balmer years back made me a real special Pearson Equalizer ILF warf, then I also had a SHADOW, same thing, and then another Equalizer ILF a year ago from Monkeyball.
So I have a history with the Equalizer risers, and they work well with ILF longbow limbs.
So that's why I decided to see if the basic riser could go DAS.
It looks like it's going to work out well.......using real DAS plates and thumbscrews.
Angles are 15* so it's some like a stretched 17" DAS Dalaa, if you use your imagination a little bit.

#10 ·
UPDATE TIME.
I apologize for flip-phone pictures, it will help if you view them full picture.
Got the riser back today from Dave Lint, and I'm blown away.
Dave did a masterful job, in my opinion.
I caught him at a good time, TOO BAD for you guys, he says he doesn't want to do any riser work right now.
POSSIBLY I am a bad enough customer - - I ruined it for him.
Soooo......to reiterate, 18" riser, Pearson Equalizer, with DAS 3rivers plates I robbed off an old DAS riser I got a couple years ago with several sets of plates.
I sent Dave my favorite Jager grip for him to install.....he chose to epoxy up a grip on the grip frame instead, HE NAILED IT. it feels like home.
I put my Centaur longbow limbs on it......went through strings to find a fit with lower brace height. set it at 6.5". NO NOODLING.
Messed with tiller to get it even.
WANTED TO SHOOT QUICK.
Dave added a lower plunger hole and built the shelf radius for it, so HAHA I added duct tape for a quick shelf cover.
Screwed in a NAP Quick-Tune plunger.
set centershot "about right".
String had a metal nock set on it......left it, for now, it was also "about right" for my norm, at 1/2".
Grabbed arrows, went to the chicken coop target house.......at 18 yards.
FIRST 3 went high but tight. softball sized or a bit less. GOOD for me. Beginner's luck. or is it a magic bow?
QUIET no rattles.
I shot several groups and moved back to 25 yards and they opened a little but still good.
BOW SHOOTS GREAT, I love the grip, grips make or kill a bow, for me.
LIMBs are 45# on 17" riser. bolts I screwed mostly in, except for tiller work, as I wanted to see max pounds.
it seems RIGHT TOO as it went 44# at 28".
all in all it's a great day here at LONG FARM. ok not a farm, anymore, but it's still a big yard on the edge of town.........
Wood Roof Parallel Composite material Road surface
Wood Twig Tree Lumber Automotive exterior
Plant Furniture Sky Tree Wood
Automotive tire Wood Road surface Tints and shades Trunk
Wood Twig Gas Tree Grass
Dog Dog breed Jaw Mammal Companion dog

#24 · (Edited)
here's a picture of riser stub altered to fit the DAS plates down on. View attachment 44816
What is different about this is that the hole for the alignment pin is what looks like 3/8" to 1/2" from the edge. Gen 2's and after have the alignment pin, but it is right on the edge. You can see the pin with the plate installed. The way that Dave did Steve's riser leaves less of the plate extending beyond the riser. I have no idea if this has a benefit, but it is different and therefore has increased cool value.

Fletch, Yours is way cool too. Love the combined weights and caption bolts.

#26 ·
I like these risers, not so much the original grip.
I like a 19" riser, have had plenty of 17s, big DAS fan, and this one is a 'tweener at 18" pretty close.
Original limb pad angles are 15 degrees, pretty DAS-like, I like that.
HAD the DAS gen2/Dalaa plates, already, from an old riser no longer in hands, so that's a plus......I wanted to use them.
I'm real familiar with DAS and like it a lot, so all told, it added up to a good project to send to Dave and see if it all looked do-able, and it all worked out great..........THANKS DAVE.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.