Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im new on this forum and I had a question about my rest on my recurve. I got a recurve from my uncle that was probably made in the late 80s. Still in great condition. Before he gave it to me, he GORILLA GLUED a piece of deer hide with the hair for a rest.

I know its going to be a pain to get off, if i have to. It didnt have a string on it when he gave it to me, but he told me to order a 14 strand Dacron string for it, so I did. I havent shot it yet but I was wondering if the deer skin rest would be okay to shoot with. I still have to get arrows for it so it will be a while before I do shoot it. What do yall think?

·
Registered
291 Posts
hmm. I would recommend taking it off, and replacing it with either a bear hair rest or a bear weatherest. Idk how youre gonna get that gorillaglue off, maybe try some isopropyl alcohol.

·
Super Moderator
2,771 Posts
Well, that is a mess. I think I would chip, carve or file off whatever I could and then cover it with a bit of scrap leather just to make it look better. Then you could shoot off that or add a glue on rest like the fine Weatherest. Feathers would work off either. - lbg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts