Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm completely new to the recurve bows and I bought Black Max 2.0 limbs and I noticed that the notch for the string barely has any cut out.(left side as seen in pic) I bought my daughter a Samick sage and it has a nice deep groove all around it. I also looked at a video advertising the exact Black Max limbs that I bought and in that video you could clearly see a nice groove . So my question is are mine just faulty craftmanship 20210504_074150.jpg 20210504_074253.jpg and need to be returned or is this somehow acceptable? I don't want to string slipping off while I'm drawing. Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Could we have pics from the back and front please? Looks pretty well seated from this angle, to my eye, but let's see from the front.

David

·
Registered
118 Posts
Actually, scratch that request, it looks fine to me. Just compared to my own black max limbs (two pairs, both of which I've shot a ton) and yours look to be on par.

I think you're good to go.

·
Super Moderator
2,655 Posts
I doubt that it is a problem. But if it is, and the string should slip down, I do not think it would be dangerous. I have had that happen with poorly home made materials, and no harm was done beyond a mild surprise. - lbg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts