Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got in my order of a dozen custom-made wood arrows from David at Wilderness Custom Arrows! They are gorgeous! The cresting and wrap are great (my son picked out the colors) and the arrows are finished in a very slick final coating. Took them out and put them through a quick test shoot - awesome performance. 50-55lb spine, shooting out of a 45lb recurve drawing 27.5". Arrow length (BOP) 28.25.

·
Premium Member
12,099 Posts
nice arrows.
nice bow, too, is that a Tamerlane?

·
Premium Member
12,099 Posts
Now that is funny, I had a COLT a few years back. Didn't recognize it.
Pretty bow.

Reactions: vashooter

·
Registered
712 Posts
They look great. A couple of questions as I am just starting to look into woodies.

1) How long did it take from the order date to deliver?
2) How do they compare with others that you have tried?

Thanks.

Alan

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They look great. A couple of questions as I am just starting to look into woodies.

1) How long did it take from the order date to deliver?
2) How do they compare with others that you have tried?

Thanks.

Alan
David's quoting about 4 - 6 weeks to deliver an order right now I think. I've never had custom-made arrows done before, so I can't really compare them. I've always shot aluminum before. I have bought a few boxes of vintage cedar arrows (60's and 70's vintage) before and those don't compare to these. I ordered them one draw weight range up from the actual draw weight of the bow (bow is 45lbs @ 28", arrows are 50-55# spined), which is what I understand is the correct way to do it with woodies.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Yes, that's a good arrow spine for that bow {recurve} 5 to 10#s heaver than the weight stated on the bow. However that doesn't hold true for H.H long bows [which I found out just recently]. No if you ever decide to go to a long bow that is cut before center i.e. Howard Hill style bows... you need to go to a lighter spined shaft. Right now I'm shooting shafts spined 45 to 47#s from my two H.H. bows of nearly the same weight 50 & 53#s respectively.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts