Trad Talk Forums banner

"NEW TT BLack Max Extremes?

10K views 39 replies 21 participants last post by  aroadik 
#1 ·
"New" on the LAS web site BLACK MAX CARBON EXTREME LIMBS $399.99, anyone know how well the y perform ?

#10 ·
Just got a set of 50# mediums. Put them on a 15" onyx riser. They are excellent IMO. They have a wonderful cycle no big jumps or let offs. You would need a hooter shooter to tell between these and the BF's in speed. Well worth the price, spent double on a set of limbs that for me where not as good

#11 ·
I've got a set of these and they are AWESOME!!!!

Great limbs,fast,quiet,fast,smooth,fast,I've got them on a 17" SKY riser and they are the best limb I've ever shot from TradTech.

Dewayne

#13 ·
I’ve been looking for a set of limbs that could equal the feel and performance of my WINEX limbs, and be “hunting” quiet. I really like my WINEX limbs, but could never get them as quiet as I’d like for hunting. I bought a set of TradTech cabon/woods, and was immediately impressed with how quiet they are, but they lack in performance and feel to the WINEX.

After reading a brief, one line review over on AT by Dewayne Martin (I figured anyone that shoots like this guy is well worth listening too), of the BlackMax Carbon Extreme limbs--I bought a set. Shot about a dozen arrows and got a good sense of what I had. I went and got the chronograph to confirm.

The quality of construction is there. No issues at all with appearances. They draw as smooth and soften on the back end just as my WINEX do. No issues with feel. They are without a doubt, confirmed by the chrono, to be the fastest limbs I've ever owned/shot.

I’ve got a strip of velcro down the limb grooves, put a set of Limbsavers on them, and put them on my Titan III riser. Well made, quick, smooth, and HUNTING QUIET!

In a word, EUREKA (I have found it)!

Anyone need any 32#, or 40# WINEX mediums? :^)

#15 ·
Same here. Just bought a set of Extreme BFs when these limbs came out. Would have been nice to have a very similar level of performance at $200 less....

#18 ·
I've never shot the BF Extaremes everyone that owns says they are great limbs...I'm not comparing mine to the BFs...all I know is the BFs would have to really be something special to outperform mine...plus $200 cheaper.

Dewayne

Reactions: maxbks
#21 ·
I have a set on order that will arrive next Wednesday. After reading all the comments, I'm looking forward to getting them and trying them out myself.
After reading your comment, I'm looking forward to you getting them and you reporting on them myself.

:)

#23 · (Edited)
UPS usually runs a bit late here, but I should be able to get in a few shots before dark. I'll be happy to provide an unbiased opinion. And I'm pretty critical too. If I don't like them, I'll speak up! LOL!
Jon at Lancasters, told me to be careful with them, and if I didn't like them, I could send them back. I'll take him up on it too! For me, that's a lot of money. So we shall see!

#26 ·
No I haven't. I'm very skeptical of manufacturers claims, and glowing reports from folks I don't know, especially when I'm getting ready to dump some big bucks. I do listen to what others have to say, try to distill it down, then look at the materials and construction before I make a decision. In the case of the BF vs the Extremes, I noticed that one has synthetic foam, and the other foam. One has carbon lams, and the other cross weave carbon lams. Now if I were Sid, or Bob Morrison, I could figure out which was better, but I'm not. I don't buy into a lot of technical info either, because quite frankly, I'm not an Olympic archer, just an old man that likes to shoot 3D, so buying the BEST, whatever that be, doesn't really matter to me. What I look for, is quality construction, smooth draw, lack of stack, and stability of the limbs at the shot. Lastly, I want a fast limb, because I miss less with a faster limb.

Now, what gave me the idea to buy these limbs, is that they are at the top of what I want to spend for a limb. I can well afford more, but the most expensive isn't necessarily the best, and MIGHT be a waste of money. I've owned all of the flutes, and two sets of Winex. If the Winex didn't have all the graphics, I'd buy them in a heartbeat, and keep them. They have all the qualities that I look for, but I'm not wanting to advertise to the world what they are. I like flat black or wood grain. Don't like to paint limbs either, as you have to constantly repair scratches in the paint. I have owned other limb brands that were good, but didn't have the speed that I wanted.

I really took a hard look at the BF, but decided that I would gamble on the Extremes and save the $230 or so extra. I really think, and hope that I made the right decision. If the Extremes meet all my criteria, then I'll keep them. Otherwise, they will be on the trading blanket in short order. As I said in my first post, everyone has their own priorities, and mine may be different than others, but I've owned over a hundred bows, and lots of limbs in all my years of shooting. Therefore I know what works best for ME. However YOUR mileage may vary! Laughing here.

John

#30 ·
He's most likely talking abut their Master's Carbon longbow limbs. They're of similar construction with wood core.

John,

Curious.... what weight and length limbs did you order?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.