Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a Bear Tiger Cat bow from the classifieds. Good experience, great to deal with.

I wanted an older recurve to play with. Bear Tiger Cat that was pretty much flawless except where some had drilled 2 tiny holes for a sight. May fill them or just leave them.

50lbs at 28 and 58". I measured 51.5 on my scales. Chronod 181 with a 435 is grain total arrow weight.
This style of recurve is probably my favorite. The grip is perfect for me. Working on a bow form to build my own and it will be patterned after this bow with a different shelf. More of a radius shelf than the early flat style.

Bird Plant Biome Beak Sculpture

Wood Art Plant Brick Flagstone

·
Super Moderator
2,773 Posts
That is a lovely simple bow. Not plain but simple. To fill those holes easily you could shove in a round toothpick with a bit of glue and shave it off flush with a sharp blade, like a wood chisel. Then get a cheap craft set of watercolors and mix up a matching tint. Or try a colored felt tip pencil. Top that with super glue. - lbg

Reactions: Broncman

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just picked up another one from the classifieds. An OMP Sektor II ILF riser . Will post pics of it. Threw on some limbs I had and it may be the easiest most forgiving bow I have...

·
Super curve shooter
154 Posts
Glad you like it man. I hope everyone else is liking the stuff they got as much as you. Definitely keep us posted on how it’s going. I really liked the grip on that riser, And how all my limbs seemed a little quieter on it then on my metal risers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts