Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have coming a Dayad Epic ILF 13" riser - Border HEX 6S long 30# on 25" - Dayad Legend ACS RC 44# mediums on 19" riser . This is how I figured it . Dryad riser and Border limbs = 58" bow 42# @ 28 ---- Dayad Legend limbs = 56" bow 48# @ 28" . Am I right . Can anyone tell me brace height and or string length .

·
Premium Member
12,806 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
YOur lengths sound right.....pounds CAN be a bit more of a close-guessing game.
BUT you are in the ball-park on pounds, too.
Send a PM to mwestvang on this forum, that is Mike Westvang, he built the Dryad stuff......he owns the company....or he might likely chime in, here on your thread.
Mike will be able to tell you on lengths, pounds and string length recommendations.

·
j-san = Jason
1,683 Posts
In my experience, Dryad limbs on Dryad risers are perfectly spot-on when they list a draw weight. Other manufacturer's limbs seem to draw a few pounds heavier on Dryad risers in my experience (I currently have 13" and 15" Epic risers).

I believe that may be due to Dryad rating their limbs on a TAC Firefly riser which I understand has a more aggressive limb pad angle. On a side note, I find Dryad limbs draw slightly less than rated on other risers of similar length.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi I may have taken two much of his time all ready . I picked up every thing second hand and have less than a new bow with one set of limbs into it . Every thing should be shipped out by Tuesday . I have been a R/D long bow man , but after getting a RER Arroyo ,I really like the feal of the static tip recurves . I hope it all works out as they is my first time with ILF bows . Thank you for your input . Rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts