Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some info on the new version of this bow. I see that it has stabilizer and plunger buttons, but does it also have AMO bushings for sight/quiver? The GM2 I used to have did, but I can't find a picture of that side of the riser on the Tiburon.

Regarding the limbs, are the Formula limbs "better" than their ILF? Or is it just a fitting change to be different? The stock limbs on the GM2 weren't so great, and stacked. Is the draw weight of the Tiburon also higher than marked?

Finally, who sells and stocks it? I see more vendors with the Buffalo, etc. but the Tiburon seems scarce (and I need LH!)

·
Registered
878 Posts
...does it also have AMO bushings for sight/quiver?
Yes, the Tiburon has threaded holes (not bushings) for a sight/quiver.

You could try "stickbow supplies/jdhunts" on eebay; he has a lefty listed now.

·
j-san = Jason
1,671 Posts
I don't know if the Formula limbs are better than standard ILF by way of the fitting itself. Hoyt's top-level Formula limbs are quite good, but in my opinion, no better than the other top-level standard ILF limbs available. Honestly, I think the Formula fitting system is a way for Hoyt to create their own captive audience. That we see a fair number of Formula bows on the podium could be testament to the superiority of the Formula fitting, or that Hoyt has just saturated the field so it simply becomes a statistics game. I really don't know, but I personally prefer standard ILF due to the much wider variety of limb and riser options available.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts