Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
new riser x-lite, rehab.

After careful consideration regarding the options for my shoulder issues at this point, I have opted for a lighter rig, rehab, limited practice, and special tape job to help stabilize the joint. This is not a solution but a postponement.

I have been looking to build a light target bow with enough adaptability to shoot various venues.

Had the opportunity to pick up a 23" Inno Carbon X-lite. That is a great start.

·
Pete
5,610 Posts
Hope it goes well for you, I ended up moving away from lightweights as they do not absorb (metals that is) enough vibration, after many years of painting/decorating I ended up with a damaged neck, left side, my bow holding side. My "compromise" is my 23" Spig revolution, it slots in just about perfect with a 6oz weight. I admire your determination. Getting old sucks. :(

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hope it works for you Rusty….I've been going through bow arm elbow pain for the last few months…I think it was from shooting those d%$! Hill style longbows…Of course I'm no spring chicken either so maybe its just the aging factor and the sins of my youth catching up with me…maybe the motocross racing in my early days….who knows but it sure sucks...

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I've found moving to a lower grip really reduced the tension and soreness in the top of my bow shoulder. Makes the riser feel lighter but without reducing stability somehow.

-Grant

1 - 9 of 9 Posts