Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just looked on reflex archery's site. they have a new recurve called the nomad. i am guessing its their version of the hoyt dorado.....just like they had the gamemaster copy called the tradition.....but my question is- are they cheaper made?? or equal just a different name/ same company??

wish it came in black though

·
Registered
454 Posts
Reflex is the bow line that Hoyt made for Chuck Adams, and Chuck uses and endorses the Reflex line. Companies can carry the Reflex line without having to be a Hoyt pro Shop, as only certified Pro Shops can carry and sell the Hoyt name. And no sir, there ain't no difference in quality from the Nomad to the Dorado. Still a Hoyt backed bow.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool! i just wondered b/c a guy told me one time that reflex bows were not machined but cast versions of hoyt product and in a way he was telling me they were hoyt quality rejects....i wasnt too sure about all that anyway.

thanks,
brandon

:jesus:

·
Registered
454 Posts
I don't know the difference in price, but if you want a black risered one, then get yourself the Dorado. Or, have the Nomad riser powder coated. But the Dorado is a shooting little bow. Even with the Hoyt limbs.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think i'll just get the dorado....but the only thing w/ both of these bows is the draw weight issue....my gamemaster2 is labeled 50# but its 56-57# at 28".....luckily my draw length makes it around 52#......but still what about the labeled weight w/ a 19" riser.?? im wanting a dorado around 45#.:confused:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Just tell the shop where you are going to buy to put the bows on a scale and check the weights. If none of the bows check in at the weight you want, have them bring in the limbs that will make the weight. The factory will check the weight to make sure you get as close to the weight as they can. It's that simple.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.