Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so nuts about my gear my Covert Hunter has been on the rack while I waited for the quiver to come in

I really could not have been shooting much with the snow lately anyway

Well my GN side quiver came in and it might not be as pretty as SIDS Thunderhorn that I sent back but I have always like these quivers

I used an old Black Widow trick that works on due flex risers and actually ousted a left hand quiver on the right side

It throws the quiver forward which gives the bow the same balance as the Thunderhorn with the extenders did

The reason I did not like the Thunderhorn is that it took 4 Allen head screws to attach the quiver

In my experience they always slowly work loose and ya need a Allen head and 4 points to keep tight

The GN is held on by just 2 knobs that I can just snug up while shooting very quickly

Plus it comes off with no tools and I like the wire that adds stiffness

I also like the compact foot print

I cut two small felt disks the size of the rubber washers and this piece goes against the bow

I get a little bit of a stand off plus it protects my riser

·
Premium Member
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

I added a piece of black seal skin on the shelf and I'm just waiting for my new BCY X strings from Chad

One Flemish

One endless loop

I am very pleased with this setup

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
Joe...I pm'ed Sid for a price and while stunning?...far to rich for my blood...maybe something to save for or if I ever hit the lottery but the beauty alone is worth the price...that said?...if I ever do get one?...there would be no question about a quiver...it would hafta be a color matched to the bow...

Kanati Dual Arc.

This way the balance could be adjusted and enhanced...and to me?...a bow such as that deserves nothing less.

JMHO and yes I'm jealous...L8R, Bill. :)

·
Premium Member
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Joe...I pm'ed Sid for a price and while stunning?...far to rich for my blood...maybe something to save for or if I ever hit the lottery but the beauty alone is worth the price...that said?...if I ever do get one?...there would be no question about a quiver...it would hafta be a color matched to the bow...

Kanati Dual Arc.

This way the balance could be adjusted and enhanced...and to me?...a bow such as that deserves nothing less.

JMHO and yes I'm jealous...L8R, Bill. :)
Bill they are really nice and I think Mac said the same thing to me

·
The Mad Scientist
1,492 Posts
The only problem with that setup is your feathers are sticking out ready to hit brush. I like the GN mount on my Palmer, it screws to the back (front?) of the riser, not the side. This also helps to place the arrows closer to the bow, for less side torque. They don't list it but will make you one for the same price.

View attachment 24555

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Maybe.:) I'm curious what these limbs are capable of when put on an ilf riser. I will be looking forward to the accuracy reviews. They do have some sexy curves. In my experience, sexy get you into a lot of trouble.

·
Premium Member
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The only problem with that setup is your feathers are sticking out ready to hit brush. I like the GN mount on my Palmer, it screws to the back (front?) of the riser, not the side. This also helps to place the arrows closer to the bow, for less side torque. They don't list it but will make you one for the same price.

View attachment 24555
Mat

When I had the regular right handed quiver on it rode similar to the setup of the Palmer

With this riser thou it transferred the weight to far back for my taste and I greatly prefer the way it balances now

I actually like the clearance that the quiver has to get my hand in

You can see here next to another bow that balances well for me the quivers ride about the same

I don't mind the feathers out in front I'm not throwing the bow at critters :)

Here was the way Sid had his quiver set up for the right balance with the TH

Here is the GN

Very close

·
Banned
548 Posts
Sometimes, when it comes to the sexy ones, the last thing you want is something to show for it.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
J, how hard is it to string that thing.....by the looks of the limbs in the strung position it seems to me it would be very tricky to string??

Jus sayin

Dewayne

·
Premium Member
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dwayne

At about 3:50 on this video I string the bow

It is really one of my easiest bows to string

Please check it out

As long as you use a good stringer

1 - 20 of 37 Posts