Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
finger shooter
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Seen this on AT and on FB. It looks to have similar geometry to the Best Zenit which I really like. However, this includes limb adjustment. It was designed by Vittorio and Michelle Frangilli. Riser will be available in August....

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,512 Posts
I simply don't know how Italians could have let such an ugly (in BB mode) contraption out in public.

(Sorry Jon.)

·
finger shooter
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't like the protruding BB cover, and not impressed with the actual weight of that cover (790 Gr's). The weight system is also a bit light. Overall riser weight of 1430 Gr's sounds nice though. I am impressed with the geometry of the riser, seems to me to be very close to my Zenit riser? I am sure with some machinist help this could be a very formidable BB riser (by manufacturing a heavier cover and weights). ALt Services is supposed to be accepting advance orders, but could not find it on the website. I did email them though... :)

Mike, I am sure this will be one of my next longbows, I do have another set of limbs coming... LOL

·
Locomo
843 Posts
Looks to me like the weight can be slid up flush against the riser also. Maybe the cover could be made of different materials for different weights?. Still Cool tho!.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Everything is nice except the weight cover and the fugly imprinting on it - unimaginative and crude, very un-Italian-like.
OK but what if that awkward weight made the bow balance prefect and you shot it better than any other????

Put a blue whale on the land and it is ugly, put it in the water and it is breath taking. I am just saying

·
Registered
302 Posts
Beneath the plate you have a lot of options

Reactions: Rasyad

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Make those hidden weights out of brass, or lead, and then You would have something....The bolt on cover could also very easily be made of brass, and it would be quite hefty...Plenty of legal ways to get a heavy weighted bow inside the steel ring for dedicated Barebow shooting...Sometimes Ya just gotta live with ugly, to get performance...Form follows Function, and all that....I'm very happy with the Spig VBS, but if I were in the market for a Barebow riser, this new Gillo riser would be very high on the list...Jim

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I could make a brass grip with a vertical brass weight that ran down along the backside of the riser and then incase that with a brass outsert bolted to the riser with silicone foam padding For vibration dampening. Should weight a good 3-4 pounds.

Is this much weight worthy?
Dan

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.