Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5816537

I also found him on facebook, now in the process of buying a 19"~27" adjustable riser n full carbon super recurve limbs

seems promising, cant comment more though, stay tuned for review months later

the price is very good for what u are getting, (not cheap if comparing Sanlida level Chinese archery items....)

cheers

·
Super Moderator
725 Posts
Interesting looking riser. A little too many moving parts for me, but I wouldn’t mind playing around with it. It’d certainly allow for a more apples to apples comparison on finger pinch and some other things involving bow length. Definitely for the tinkerers niche I’d say.

·
Premium Member
12,274 Posts
my 2 cents, it's not something I'll buy....and over-complicated-"looking", for my tastes.
even if it were adjustable only from 13-15-17-19 inches, I don't see a point to it.
"super-recurve" you titled it, haha - I don't see it.
My 49ers looked SUPER against the Packers.

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
I don't trust the guy, I asked a few questions on FB about his limbs (DFC etc) and he said he would post numbers and then for about a month came load of excuses, just makes my spider sense go off.

Hope it's genuine and people are happy with his product.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I think it's nifty in it's own way, but I wouldn't want a 17" sight window on a 27"" riser. Plus, where is the fun in only owning one bow!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi all

just spent some time talking to the maker

The 19 to 27 riser is about 1600g without weight added

He will remove the weird postioned clicker for my order and possibly later production

The bolt holes when unused for riser length setting, they all double as weight mounting points

Material can be chosen between 7075 n 6061 (or 6011....I don't recall our conversation too much info on the go)

The riser comes with bridge modules n various weight to meet the 12.2 cm ring

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't trust the guy, I asked a few questions on FB about his limbs (DFC etc) and he said he would post numbers and then for about a month came load of excuses, just makes my spider sense go off.

Hope it's genuine and people are happy with his product.
I also have my doubt

But I am willing to take the fall for u guys....haha

·
Registered
67 Posts
I like the general concept, especially for a young and growing archer.

This particular design has way too much reflex for my tastes.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Asked the same questions about limbs as Steve did-no answer? Cannot just buy super curve limbs as we will not know if they break like others do.I asked and there is not any test data for the limbs ,so do not know how they would last?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’ve had conversations with the designer. His full carbon super recurve turned out to shoot 164FPS at 10.5gpp 40lbs(pretty embarrassing for ILF limbs). For some reason he marketed the speed in Km/h so the number magically became 189 and insisted to do so after I reminded him that he shouldn’t be marketing with that number without mentioning its unit. His first product is a plagiarized 19” border tempest which he marketed as a tempest copy for a while before claiming it as his original design. I believed Syd at border is aware of this situation. This person is really nothing more than a meme source for the Chinese archery community and I just want to keep everyone here informed as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts