Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm 16 and shoot a 45lb pse impala and was wanting to up the poundage to 50 or 55 and I am looking for a reasonable price recurve more towards the takedown for 300 to 400 I want it to be smooth and well crafted thanks

·
Premium Member
12,102 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
YOu need a WARF riser, or a 21" Hoyt Excel riser, and an inexpensive set of ILF limbs.
What is your draw length?
And how much shooting have you done? your archery history.......
Also will you be hunting deer, or doing mostly 3-d shoots, etc.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum.
YOu need a WARF riser, or a 21" Hoyt Excel riser, and an inexpensive set of ILF limbs.
What is your draw length?
And how much shooting have you done? your archery history.......
Also will you be hunting deer, or doing mostly 3-d shoots, etc.
My draw length is around 27 and I hunt more what limbs would u recommend I like to stay more of the traditional route

·
Premium Member
12,102 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,102 Posts
I moved that bow to the top so it's on page 1, Sky Hunter Supreme (jerseyboy)
Mike's a good guy, we've bought & sold stuff back & forth.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I would tell you to buy jerseyboy's Hoyt Hunter Supreme off the ads on this forum, called the Trade Blanket...it's on page 2.

see this http://tradtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46020

these are great bows, I've had a bunch of them.
I can second that on the bow! Have one right now that is my go-to. Working on building a second one.

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,646 Posts
Welcome to our merry band.

I agree that the Excel would be a good one to look at; most owners seem very pleased and the cost is reasonable. I also agree that cheap ILF limbs would be good. There aren't any bad ones and some nice inexpensive ones. This set up would allow you to adjust the limb bolts to vary the weight. And I would suggest no more than 50 pounds as you are young and your bones and joints are not fully developed yet. Avoid lifelong damage. 50 pounds will do anything that needs doing and will take any game on this continent. I would want a little more for moose and the great bears. - lbg

·
Registered
137 Posts
trad tech is a great product line. Even the lower end limbs that they do offer are very well built. i would suggest trad tech limbs on a i.l.f. setup to any beginner

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
trad tech is a great product line. Even the lower end limbs that they do offer are very well built. i would suggest trad tech limbs on a i.l.f. setup to any beginner
Can u get them in wood risers and r they American made that's A biggie and where can I look at these bows?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts