Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to do some fine tuning on my wood shafts, I have less than 3 weeks for IBO Trad Worlds. It would appear my 59# spine shafts are too weak for my Omega Longbow shooting 47#@30. I have been getting erratic arrow flight with the 125g points, a little better with 100g points, and when I glued on some 5/16 70g points - BINGO! But they don't fit so good. I could taper the front end a little down to 5/16 and I may do that yet. I could also cut the shafts a little, but they are already 30 3/8 to BOP and I'm drawing about 29 3/4". Don't really want to cut them any further, as the length helps keep my gaps smaller. I don't have time to get stiffer shafts, and besides the higher the spine I start adding too much arrow mass. These shafts are 500g with 70g point already, or 10.6 gpp.

So........ I would like 70g 11/32 points but can't find any. I have found Top Hat 80g 11/32 points on their website, and they may work, but LAS and 3 Rivers don't seem to stock them.

Can anybody help me out? Where can I get some light weight points quick?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dang...doesn't anybody shoot wood arrows, lol?

70g is spot on, I was getting some nice shots this evening. If I can't find 11/32", I guess I will slightly taper the front of my shafts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.