·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What should I do? remove the cap and push out from that hole or push out from the threaded part towards the cap?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Or leave them there and buy a DAS Riser? :)

·
Premium Member
2,296 Posts
Insert a bolt with the same thread in the bushing. Using a vice, place the top of the bushing in a socket. Press the bushing into the socket.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
I have a bolt that screws into the fitting. I have 2" piece of hard wood with a 1/2" hole drill in it. I put the wood against one jaw of the vice. Line the fitting top in the hole. Screw the vise in till the fitting come out.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried that but it wouldn't work. I mean I didn't want to apply to much pressure. The couple ilf fittings that I have tried so far pop right off. Could this be glued in there?If so can I still try and remove it?

·
Premium Member
2,296 Posts
Most of the DAS bushings I've removed, for the first time, had a little glue on them. Don't know how much, or what kind of adhesive Border uses, but no doubt they're glued in. Only thing I suggest is, be sure to use a bolt in those threads and apply a little more pressure--but like you said, not too much.

Oh.... and btw.... Like Rusty, I made a wooden receiver years ago. When you change these things out as much as I do, it comes in real handy. :)

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok I maned up and it came out.Thanks!

Reactions: stevelong

·
thumbless stringwalker
1,719 Posts
You should try by hand first.
Just put the limbs on a flat hard surface (threaded side down and something soft between). Then, put your hands on either side of the insert and put all your weight. If this do not work use the press.
JMHO
Martin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts