Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starts tomorrow and runs through Sunday. Two 15 target rounds and being that it's 3 hours away I pre-registered and elected to shoot both rounds back-to-back on Sunday. I did the same thing last year and finished second shooting my Black Bear Warf with Black Max recurve limbs. This year I'm going longbow and the Rambo Warf got the call, wearing TradTech longbow limbs....

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, it was a long hot day and I shot two 15 target rounds back to back alongside the defending Champion. Most every target was at max range. I dropped 9 points on the first round but only 3 on the second for 288 total.
Honestly, it's a little bit of a hollow victory. I've seen the shooter I shot against shoot clean or over rounds on twenty targets. He came out of the gate strong yesterday dropping only 3 points on the first round while I dropped 9. The second round I came back pretty focused, equaled his first round score, and he faltered, something you just don't ever see from him. I got lucky....

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did Steve, I shot the Rambo riser I got from you with a set of 45# TT longbow limbs. I also had the chance to shoot that rig through the chrono yesterday for the first time.....197fps with a 356 grain carbon.

·
Premium Member
12,806 Posts
I did Steve, I shot the Rambo riser I got from you with a set of 45# TT longbow limbs. I also had the chance to shoot that rig through the chrono yesterday for the first time.....197fps with a 356 grain carbon.
bow has got some mojo
here too, is proof positive that it doesn't take a high priced rig to shoot well
NICE JOB outta you Michael, seriously
"it's the nut behind the wheel" haha

Reactions: longrifle346

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
fatzboys I just picked up a very similar riser done with a DAS conversion from Avid Archer. Needs a little cosmetic work but that gives me two Black Bears and two Rambos.....pretty happy with my rack right now.

·
Registered
67 Posts
fatzboys I just picked up a very similar riser done with a DAS conversion from Avid Archer. Needs a little cosmetic work but that gives me two Black Bears and two Rambos.....pretty happy with my rack right now.
Yeah,we have to have a few backups.lol. I just sent one of my riser up to Jerseyboy for a paint job.

Still, must be nice to walk in the ring with the ugliest bows and come out on top.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I bought my first Warf because it was an affordable option.....the next ones because I've learned that for me and the way I shoot they're a fantastic platform to build from.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Longrifle, congrats on the good shooting!

If you don't mind what brace height do find to work with longbow limbs, and the Rambo pocket angle? I have Rambo Sam converted for me...and a set of heavy Dryad acs-cg that I picked up from Rasyad a while back. I've been hesitant to try that combo out because I've read the Rambo was less than ideal. Mine would be a hunting rig, although longer than I usually hunt with.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Mike, with the pocket angles of the Rambo I found these TT limbs liked a 7 7/8" brace height at mid-preload on the limb bolts, that's where they transferred the most energy to the arrow. I also have a set of extra long Morrisons on a Black Bear, I can get away with a much lower brace height on it, as low as 6 3/4", I assume because of the additional preload in the pockets.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts