Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Got Shemagh?
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please ignore the wheels on the bows and see this for what it truly is.

National Archery in the Schools Program Promotional Video is now on You Tube as well as Yahoo Videos.

Please forward this to all your archery and educational contacts. If enough people watch this video, it will shoot our ratings up and "could" get some National coverage.

Please take a moment to go the links below and watch the NASP video as well as the Public Service Announcement. Please feel free to forward to everyone you want to share with. We thank you.

7 minute Promotional Video - You Tube

7 minute Promotional Video - Yahoo Videos
http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1260304&matchid=

1 minute Public Service Announcement - Yahoo Videos
http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1260377&matchid=

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm certified to teach it through"Center Shot Ministries" and i teach it at Church on wed night during the summers.

The kids love it and so do I. Center shot is Christian oriented and has a great message for the kids.

These boys and girls LOVE to shoot and its alot of fun! I hope the NASP programs keep getting major attention as well as the Center Shot....

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
I watched the first video, very well done and inspiring.

Myself and Katrin tried to get Gov backing for a similar program but they said no claiming they dont have the money to give, so we have funded the entire program out of our own money to buy all equipment and rent school hall, been running since Nov and we have around 60 students shooting 6 sessions 3 days a week.

Maybe they will notice and start to support us if it grows.

·
Registered
876 Posts
NASP is what got me into shooting when i was in school i had shot previously but never at any solid targets and i had never excelled at a sport before so when i became best in my little class of 15 or so i got a big 48" target and broke out my little 35# bow i had as a kid and started flinging

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think this is a GREAT program. When I was in school we only did archery in Phys ED for a short while each year. We also had a riflery team in high school, and that was ran the same as the golf, tennis ect programs. Although we competed against other schools, students learned focus, discipline and concentration. We were a "team" but the main focus was on bettering oneself all around in shooting skills and academics as a individual.
Now a days where guns are a BIG no-no at schools, archery would fill a void needed since riflery was abolished. A sport that has more to do with Concentration and Focus on the individual, and less to do with Size, Strength and agility.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.