Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read this on another forum (with the exception of my italic changes).... the original used the words target elitists, traditional bowhunters, repeat history, and redefine archery.

There always seems to be at least one Thumpin' Bonehead in the group, LOL....

Almighty and most merciful Father, we humbly beseech Thee, of Thy great goodness, to restrain these trad elitists with which we have had to contend. Grant us the wisdom and the desire to amend their evil ways. Graciously hearken to us as recurve and longbow hunters who call upon Thee that, armed with Thy power, we may advance from this perilous trend and crush the overwhelming grip to redefine archery that is thrust upon us in the never ending quest for some to pigeon hole traditional archers.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
One of the reasons I like this site is that most here are very open to discussing what works for them and what doesn't without judgemental comments and inuendos from some who seem to have too much time on their hands. I like to share info and knowledge...it's the only way I can repay all those who have been helpful to me over the years. It is also the only way I will improve. I am afraid that a lot of things will stay the same unless the publishers of the current archery publictions start to publish articles by those of us who know that there is a lot being left out. For now I know what works for me and i am happy to share it with you, even if it doesn't work for you. And I appreciate the feedback that often comes. This is the best site to come if you really want fact based information from people who know what they are talking about...and who don't get bashed :)deadhorse) for sharing their ignorance.:)

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bill, have you read G. Fred's latest article in TBM? He is on to something, I think....

A short excerpt from the end of the article....

"I really can't separate bowhunting and shooting the bow and arrow. Practicing and getting myself feeling positive about that part of my bowhunting is deeply satisfying."

·
Premium Member
5,438 Posts
It's from the forum you can't see, Oz. And it's authored by a guy that has 4 or 5 posts on here with about the same sort of nonsense. He though it was so clever that he posted it on two different threads on that other site.

No one took the bait, though, so it must not have been all that clever after all. :D

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Now that's funny, Robert. Actually, I used the word "clever" because I thought Piney's selection of words to italicize was clever in a sort of ironic, HR Mencken way.

Should have known it was the trusty old Thumper. Interesting that if you read it a certain way it sounds like an honest plea to get back to the real lines along which traditional archery has developed since the 40s or so. Knowing, of course, that other forums would most likely mean the Wall or the Gang, I didn't read it that way. Knowing now that it's good old predictable Thumper, it certainly has a sinister, almost sneering, edge. Wonder what he was doing about 1958 - probably a good bet it wasn't archery.

I'm so glad we're all free to choose our icons!

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Oz,
Wasn't "HR his illegitimate brother?? :) Thumper is one of those guys that has no interest in hearing anything that disagrees with his prejudices. You can prove every point he brings up to be flawed, and he'll come right back on another thread and start all over again.

·
Barebow Recurve Shooter
4,540 Posts
Be careful what you say about "badge and gun" carriers, boys. You could hurt somebody's feelings! (LOL)

Dave

PS: If Thumper and I have that in commen, I'm kind of embarrassed. (LOL again)

·
Banned
393 Posts
had and have some great friends that carry badges and guns.......guess part of it is my personality that would attrack me and them together as friends......the one thing they all had or have in common is a wonderful sense of humor.......and knowing them......and the fricking $hit they put up with day in and day out.....it's what gets them through the day........

·
Registered
573 Posts
That's true.....you'll often hear it called "gallows humor"....and I dare say few do it better than the cops....maybe some M.E.s....maybe some ambulance crewmembers....but mostly the cops. I could never get through a day if I was wound as tight as some folks....that's why, for the most part....I get a chuckle out of the what is/isn't trad arguments and so on.....watch out though, I love to toss a well placed barb now and then....hehehe..
-Rob

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Well, you guys can say all that again and more. If Joe Average had half the restraint and good judgment of the standard issue law enforcement folks employed by our states and cities, we'd have a lot more stable society than the one this old lawyer sees out there. My hat is always off to you folks.:bow2: I think Thumper's is more the mentality of a prison guard gone bad. He'll bluster and bully just so long as folks either can't protest or refuse to tolerate it. Guess that's why he doesn't post here anymore.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.