Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Mad Scientist
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started self filming my elk hunts a few years ago when I went solo to tell the story to friends and family, rather than repeat myself. Plus it gives a better picture of the experience and how hard it is, which comes into question as I've chased elk with a bow like 20 times and have yet to kill one (missed bulls 2x)! Called in plenty for others to kill (and miss), so I invented the phrase "World's greatest elk bowhunter who has never killed one". I can say that because I've made every possible mistake, some more than once so I know *exactly* what to do. However as with any hunting situation there's a certain amount of luck involved but the only luck I seem to have is bad luck! So w/o further adieu here's my 2016 video:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4j_HnUPsHvZU0VRV01YSXpFd0E

Note - It's 25 mins long but my improving filming and editing skills will leave you wanting for more ;).

·
Spearhead
3,664 Posts
Mark
Cool video, thanks.
Elk hunting isn't the easiest and hunting that way is difficult.
I hate blowdowns, rain and snow. Last year we had one day to hunt the rest was rain and snow and spent days ontop of days in the tent.
Made me think of your hunt a few years before with the snow so deep you slept under your truck.
Odd blow downs look alike lol.
Keep on trying it's going to come together.

Chad

·
Registered
61 Posts
Awesome Video! I have tremendous respect for those who can film and hunt at the same time! Lie anything I'm sure it takes practice and has to be a part of the pre-shot routine to make it come together at that moment of truth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts