TradTalk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Before I say anything about these particular limbs you probably need to know that I’ve been smitten with Uukha’s offerings for some time. I’ve owned their first series Ex1’s, their XO Evo2's, Ex1 Evo2’s, Hx10 Evo2’s, Vx1000 Evo2's and their Ux100 Evo2’s. I kept a set of Ex1 Evo2’s and a set of their Tuulai Nature series limbs (same as the Ex1 Evo2’s) and now added these Gobi S-Curve’s.

I’ve been very impressed with all of them. They all feel very good through the draw cycle. They're a bit stiff on the front end, but all seem to soften on the back end. Not to mention they all feel very stable and very quiet compared to many other ILF limbs I’ve owned/shot.

So… you might need to take this poor attempt at a "sort of" review with a grain of salt. :)

My current primary deer-sized hunting limbs are Sky Conquest extra-shorts. I'm using them on my 21” Satori riser and they weigh 45.5 pounds at mid range. With a 1” crawl and a 435-grain arrow (9.5 gpp) this rig shoots 167fps. My plans for these Gobi limbs are to make these my primary hunting limb and hoping to get about 43# with the same performance as the Sky's.

Out of the box:

1) The sleeves are better quality than their older stretchy things

2) Fit and finish look a bit nicer than their previous offerings; time will tell.

3) The limbs have a bit more curve than I expected. They’re very close to the Vx1000’s I had. No way I can string these things without a stringer.

4) Put them on the riser, strung them up, adjusted the tiller to 1/8” negative to accommodate my crawl and set the brace height to 8 ¾” to start. They’re straight and true.

5) Drew them back and thought, oh my, I’ve missed weight. These things are a few pounds less than I’d hoped. So... off to the scales. To my surprise, they weighed 43.5 #’s—exactly what I’d hoped for.

6) As expected, they drew a bit stiff on the front end, but the softening at the back end was more than I have experience before. They really feel good at anchor and made for easy alignment. Very quiet too. As quiet as any recurve I've shot.

7) I shot a couple arrows and well… it's time to break out the chronograph. I shot one arrow it registered 172 fps; shot another and got the same.

So… I'm shooting 2#'s lighter and got an increase of 5 fps with a 10 gpp arrow (1/2 gpp more than the Sky Conquest’s). Needless to say… I'm very pleased--so far. Time will tell.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Those new S-curves sound very promising. When you get a chance, would you mind posting a photo or two showing the profile of the new limbs along side your EX1's?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice! Thanks for the review. This sounds very promising. I have a pair on order from Alt. Svc too. They are (hopefully) currently being worked on in some factory out somewhere. I like how the limbs seem to measure exactly as expected according to the calculator (despite the unusual curvature).

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here you go Dave. Be mindful the Ex1 Evo2's are longs and the Gobi's are shorts.

DSC02929.JPG
DSC02930.JPG

Reactions: Dave Holquist

·
Registered
66 Posts
I’ve had my sx+ for about a week and a half now. still in the infatuation phase, but I really like them. a little stiff up front, but not too much. And no noticeable jump in poundage to my almost 32” draw.

I have 42# xl’s and they measure [email protected] on my wf21.

they are not as fast as the vx+ & Wf19 Setup that I had, but it isn’t a fair comparison. Had about 2 extra pounds in draw weight and due to the preload I had an inch less braceheight on that set up.

they shoot pretty good too...

·
Registered
85 Posts
I’ve had my sx+ for about a week and a half now. still in the infatuation phase, but I really like them. a little stiff up front, but not too much. And no noticeable jump in poundage to my almost 32” draw.

I have 42# xl’s and they measure [email protected] on my wf21.

they are not as fast as the vx+ & Wf19 Setup that I had, but it isn’t a fair comparison. Had about 2 extra pounds in draw weight and due to the preload I had an inch less braceheight on that set up.

they shoot pretty good too...
View attachment 2110
You are going to be busting arrows with that setup, you better start aiming at different spots. I got a WF21 also and love it so much more than the WF19, which was also awesome.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You are going to be busting arrows with that setup, you better start aiming at different spots. I got a WF21 also and love it so much more than the WF19, which was also awesome.
I will admit, shooting 5 arrows that tight is a bit of an anomaly for me. definitely the best 5 arrow group I’ve ever shot. There’s usually always that one flyer (Or 3).

at least they weren’t all in the bullseye or nobody would believe me...

as much as I like my wf19, the 21 just does it better. More weight forward and extra deflex. The balance is great with their 7oz weight offsetting the quiver.

I have a pair of dryad lbx longbow limbs on order for the wf19 soon. Should be a good match.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Ever since I saw these new limbs mentioned over on Trad Archery Society I have been interested. I wonder how much better they are than my SF extremes?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I will admit, shooting 5 arrows that tight is a bit of an anomaly for me. definitely the best 5 arrow group I’ve ever shot. There’s usually always that one flyer (Or 3).

at least they weren’t all in the bullseye or nobody would believe me...

as much as I like my wf19, the 21 just does it better. More weight forward and extra deflex. The balance is great with their 7oz quiver weight offsetting the quiver.

I have a pair of dryad lbx longbow limbs on order for the wf19 soon. Should be a good match.
The WF19 makes a great modern longbow.

·
Premium Member
11,904 Posts
Ever since I saw these new limbs mentioned over on Trad Archery Society I have been interested. I wonder how much better they are than my SF extremes?
Did you mean SAMICK Extremes? I only ask because I've been a fan of SF Ultimate Pros and I've not heard of their Extremes. Samick Extremes are great limbs.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey guys I am getting ready to order a set of Salingas and I am wondering if the Uukha calulator on their website is accurate for hitting draw weight? I am wanting 47-50 lbs at 29 on my 21 inch satori and it is saying to order 50 lb limbs just double checking. thanks

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Their calculator has been spot-on for every set I've had on my Hoyt risers.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Stevelong, sorry I should have said SF elites. I get my “E’s” mixed up. I like these limbs but curious about other brands preformance

·
Premium Member
11,904 Posts
TOM thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a set of SX50s and I am really like them so far. Compared to my PSA it's just as smooth on the draw, but the way it lets off in the back feels great. I have 38# shorts set up on a 17" inch satori at a 7-7/16" BH pulling 44.6# @ ~27" (Uukha's calculator was at 44#). They seem quiet and vibe free as far as I can tell. Although I can't shoot groups like Tartan, I'm shooting it really well with this setup.

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here are the limbs on my 21" Satori riser, strung and unstrung.

Share  bow.jpg

fittings share.jpg

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Jim, if you don't mind my asking, what is your draw length? Any idea what's maximum DL for that setup before stacking sets in?

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Draw length is 29".

I just went to the garage and weighed them several times. Nothing scientific here, but on my hanging digital scales, there is nothing that resembles a "stack" all the way to 32". That's as long as my marked wooden shaft will go. :)

They appear to gain right at 2# per inch all the way from 26" to 32".

1 - 20 of 25 Posts