Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I saw a Warfed Proline pop-up on ebay for a pretty penny and decided to snatch it up. Paired it with some TradTech Blackmax long 45# limbs, fast flight flemish twist string, and full length 400 spine Beeman BowHunter arrows!

The riser had a lot of the paint missing so I decided to strip it down and make a few minor adjustments...

And here is the finished product!

In the end it made a 66" bow that is super smooth to draw but zips an arrow like no other. At 28" she is right at 45#. Only issue is I need to build a target but I did take some shots at my Block and with 150 grain field tips the arrows fly straight and true.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks very sweet - tighter looking limb pockets than on the warf I had - hope you have fun with it - M.
The bottom of the limb pockets are filled with JB weld which got rid of the gap by the end of the limb. I took adhesive backed felt that you put on the bottom of furniture legs and lined the sides of the limb pocket with that to get rid of the gap there as well. Also lined the bottom of the limb pocket with moleskin to prevent any noise.

The shelf was also built up with JB weld as well. I just grinded it to have more of a "peak" and not so rounded off. Prevents me from doing the old tooth pick under the riser material trick.

I can't take credit for the JB weld job. The previous owner did that.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Looks wicked! I like it…..:)

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
My favorite of the more common Warf risers....But I also have a short draw length, so the geometry of the Proline risers help with that also...Very smooth, and "Flowy" looking rig....Probably pulls like butter with the short riser/long limb combo...Enjoy!..........Jim

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Flowy.....I like that.

When I first pulled it back I thought it was going to be a slower shooter because of how smooth it was. Man was I wrong.

Next thing is learning to shoot three under.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very Nice! What did you use to strip the paint?
I picked up a can of Aircraft Remover from Wal-Mart. It comes in a can just like a spray paint can. Spray it and let it sit for 15 minutes and finally take a wire brush to it. I repeated that process like ten times to strip all of it off.

Painted the riser with truck bed liner. 8 really light coats. Turns out great.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do you get 45# with the limb bolts turned in? What brace height seems to work for you on the proline? Thanks Ken
Yes I have the limb bolts turned all the way in. I can't stand having loose limb bolts on any bow for some odd reason. My scale reads 45# at 28" however it is an old cabelas spring scale and I have a feeling it reads 5# low. When I get the chance I will take the bow to a proshop and have them measure it with their scale.

I haven't had a chance to tune it yet but when I shot it I just threw the string on there that I ordered without adding any twists and the brace came out to 7.5". It was really quiet for that short of a brace. I still have to build a target tomorrow so I can shoot it some more and experiment with different brace heights. I will post back with my final setting.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Good looking bow, congrats. What did you use the piece of aluminum plate for in the pic above?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good looking bow, congrats. What did you use the piece of aluminum plate for in the pic above?
The limb sat in the pocket real loose so I made two plates kinda like floor board's or a spacer I guess. limb bolts were too long as well so I killed two birds with one stone.

·
Barbarian Tyrant
971 Posts
Man that's great combo. I shoot the Hoyt warfs with more deflex due to my long draw but like the looks of that proline.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts