Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys no pictures because I don't have it yet. I ordered it back around April 15 timeframe and two weeks ago I got an update saying June 3 it would be here. So I'm getting all giddy like a kid in a candy shop thinking any day now when I get another update that says July 7. This really sucks, I don't know how you guys that order something that takes longer than two weeks can handle it. I'm not sure why a company likes Spigarelli doesn't keep a few risers in stock, amazing.

·
Registered
9,459 Posts
I wish they'd make more at a time but why has Lancaster put up the price of the BB by $30 yet the other Spig models stayed the same. Also Alt hasn't had a price hike so what gives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
It's too much to ask for Spig to work more than. 3-4 days a week..

The few thwt I've bought from LAS I simply check on the website and when its in I buy it..I've seen from time to time the BB and the Club.

Dewayne

·
Registered
604 Posts
Lancaster see's the demand and figures why not take advantage! The problem with that is they don't have any more access to stock than alternative does. =

Jon Lewis;494183]I wish they'd make more at a time but why has Lancaster put up the price of the BB by $30 yet the other Spig models stayed the same. Also Alt hasn't had a price hike so what gives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They likely outsource it. I can see their side of it, better to run a few at a time since they have to pay set up cost whether its 1 or 50. That being said, seems to me when you get down to a couple left, might be a clue to order another batch. Good luck finding a lefty in stock, last one LAS sold was a return and they sold it cheap just to get rid of it(from what I heard). I see they have a RH BB in stock, doesn't help me though.

·
Registered
9,459 Posts
Lancaster see's the demand and figures why not take advantage! The problem with that is they don't have any more access to stock than alternative does. =

Jon Lewis;494183]I wish they'd make more at a time but why has Lancaster put up the price of the BB by $30 yet the other Spig models stayed the same. Also Alt hasn't had a price hike so what gives?

[/QUOTE]

That's what I figure. Alts price incl shipping comes to the same as Lancasters with free shipping now.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ken
I'd tell you "nice bow" but I can't see the pictures.....yet! Hope it arrives soon.
I really like the silver that Ren has, but that would cause waves(when did you get that new bow). I get them all in black and it's smooth sailing. :cool:
FYI even the flashiest carbon limbs with a light coat of plasti-dip can pass the 4ft test as the same old black max limbs I've had forever.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's why I always buy used if I can.
Thats what I ended up doing. Spig clubs are few and far between, try to find a LH for sale with a google search, even years ago, not happening. I was shocked to see the one LH I knew about pop up here for sale(thanks for the heads up Don) and contacted Jason and sent him the money. Shipping in-state was fast and I had it in short order. The riser isnt cut very far past center, a 1/8" plastic plate bonded to the side with velcro on top was all that was needed for center shot. The shelf was built up using JB weld with the selafane trick I read on here not long ago. The shelf also required much less "build up" then other risers. I shot the bow this morning with my SF Ult Pro limbs(8yds indoors) and first impressions are this is a winner! Im shooting it without the weight, per IBO TRD rules and this riser just sits verticle pre/post shot. I can tell its going to take some getting used to the weight, but the lack of shot reaction will be worth it. When I first opened the box, it had the weight installed. I was like WHOA, this is HEAVY. With only (2) IBO shoots left this season, might be a bad time to swap in a new bow, but I dont take this that serious. Scores are more about the shooter, then the equipment, but I think this riser is worth a few points given its weight(stability). My phone died, so no pictures at this time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.