Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys here we go :) a few weeks ago I was talking to Sid about getting limbs that were 5 pounds lighter than my current CH limbs

I was interested in this for a few reasons

1 I have really been trying to get my form together

2 I wanted to shoot longer

3 the CH packs such a wallop that I am confident my 55 + # limbs hit like a 65 pound limb and I knew that 50 # limbs would hit like 60's :)

4 I was interested in the ILF variant of the Hex 7

Sid said to me that I would not get the same performance as my CH and that he had the second set of Hex 7 they made and that they came in at 51 #'s

They had only been fired a few times and just need finishing

Well what do you all think I said :)

So today I called home at lunch time and they said they were here

So I went home :)

I wanted to make this fun and informational and I wanted to answer some questions about strings for myself

Nothing to scientific just a sound meter and a Chrono

The two strings are from Chad @ Champion Custom Bowstrings

Both are made of BCY X

One is Flemish

One is Endless

I was not to surprised by the results and if a string is well made its very close

Hope you all like it

SIDS and Chad

Thank you very much

Btw this 51 pound bow is putting out 46 FT LBS of Energy

The Heavier limbs are putting out 50+

Pretty impressive

·
Premium Member
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thought for sure you would have talked him out of that metal riser - must be losing your touch.

---------------------------------------------------

Team Montana - we are coming for your quarters ;-)
Already spent my money on limbs :)

I would really like that riser thou :)

I think Rusty snagged it

If not Sid it better be on its way to me :)

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
How much variation in weight do you get from choice of riser woods? Range within a given model, I mean.

·
Spearhead
3,565 Posts
Oooh Porsche, nice rides. For some stupid reason I was thinking late 60, early 70 muscle car.

Sid I think you have a lot of interest for the heavier riser, but as you can see everyone wants something customized to them. Per se, longer, shorter, ilf, grip options, plunger. I personally think it would be hard to satisfy everyone? The heavy riser would suit many here, on the flip side the neo trad group wouldn't like it saying it's to heavy, even tho weight is stabile.

Chad

·
Premium Member
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oooh Porsche, nice rides. For some stupid reason I was thinking late 60, early 70 muscle car.

Sid I think you have a lot of interest for the heavier riser, but as you can see everyone wants something customized to them. Per se, longer, shorter, ilf, grip options, plunger. I personally think it would be hard to satisfy everyone? The heavy riser would suit many here, on the flip side the neo trad group wouldn't like it saying it's to heavy, even tho weight is stabile.

Chad
Thanks Chad

I like heavy also

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hey J, I really enjoy your pics, videos and your writting. Keep up the good work and thank you.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.