Registered
677 Posts
:D

Looks good, and obviously good enough to fool someone.:p

·
Premium Member
12,103 Posts
Larry, that is awesome.
Bet there are some other few oddities out there from the early ones.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
LOL - I guess film dip should always be done with the grain, not across - maybe it should be re-dipped in photo carbon fiber, film for lightweight and extra strength.;)

·
Super Moderator
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i took that riser hunting a couple of times and the dip sure kept the grip area nice to touch with bare fingers.

·
Premium Member
4,643 Posts
Very nice!

Does it tend to swell in humid weather?:rolleyes:

Erich

Reactions: BUTTON

·
Premium Member
4,643 Posts
Steve

There is a mottled camo anodized one.

Erich

·
Super Moderator
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no, erich, it's been very stable. it's a great film. martins used the same make film on compound risers. the maple was among some samples the company sent. by the way, erich, this is one of the first risers david had made. it was just machined and raw when i bought it. really like it. it's 16 1/2" straight line measurement from tip to tip of the limb supports.

·
Premium Member
12,103 Posts
ERICH, without pics - well, you know.....
DON't BE SUCH A STRANGER HERE, poke yer head in a bit more often.
Tell us what you're doon up there in the cold....well maybe we don't need details...
Larry, I do not believe you. If you send it to me so I can see it better, I might believe you. PM me for address details.

Reactions: Greysides

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
I bet you have to shoot those crappy fake wood carbon arrows out of it to be real Trad 😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
All joking aside, that riser is very collectable; and adding that it's owned by one of the legends of modern archery makes it ultra unique. Larry, you should break out a Sharpie permanent marker and put your signature on it...probably end up in a museum someday.

·
Super Moderator
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if there is ever a david sosa museum i would send it in a heartbeat! don't think i'm too collectable!! lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts