Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Black Bear and Proline Point Blank.
I sand blasted both risers..
I bought plates from Glen C..for a black bear and a proline point black riser. The plates arrived perfectly made for both risers, no custom fitting necessary.
I jb welded the plates in..
2 coats of etching primer.
2 coats of color paint..
And several coats of clear..
All done now...just waiting on blackmax limbs to come via ups..
Photos coming...
Thanks to Sam and others for all the valuable info here...
Thanks to Glen for the perfect plates!

By the way.. If you would like to order plates from Glen, email him at [email protected] -- great guy to deal with

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,806 Posts
Nice risers IRISHhacker - let us know how they shoot, when you get the limbs on them?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got the limbs for the blue proline warf yesterday. I chose blackmax shorts 25# for my wife's first bow. I installed a fast flight string 62 amo with wooly silencers. I also installed a bear weather rest. I tuned it up and settled for a brace height of approximately 8.5. It shoots great.. Im amazed how smooth and fast it shoots for a light poundage bow. It will flat shoot a 1516 arrow! For her 25 inch draw, I will probably have to cut the arrows down a bit eventually.. For now, I'm going to leave them full length until she gets her form down pat. No since in tuning for form flaws at this point. All in all.. I could not be happier with how this bow turned out. Not sure if I mentioned it, but that ProLine was my late father's compound bow so it is special to me. It is great to see my wife enjoying his bow,, just in time for his birthday today.
Going to order blackmax longs for my black bear in a couple weeks.. Thinking either 35 or 40 # limbs.

·
Premium Member
12,806 Posts
Great that you saved your DAD's bow & she is using the riser from it.
Sweet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts