• Lever action

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Other

Votes: 1 8.3%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Locomo
833 Posts
Marlin 39A!, craftsman still used their hands in the building of these years ago.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've got a ruger 10/22 that is all tricked out. Super accurate and fun to shoot. Always wanted a Marlin 39A thou.

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it doe's Bro and a good survival gun for sure!:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
I've got a ruger 10/22 that is all tricked out. Super accurate and fun to shoot. Always wanted a Marlin 39A thou.
================
Hello
X2 and X2, you nailed me down to a T here. ;)
Loved my 10/22 light barrel. With a nice squirrel dog as a combination. And a nice **** dog.
Took one of my 10/22's and changed the trigger. And also changed it to shoot shorts and CB's. And added a 50 mm Weaver red dot sight.
Used 10/22 to train my young mountain cur squirrel dogs.
By not killing the squirrel per say. But kept him moving, to keep the young dog excited with interest.
A Marlin lever action was my interest as a young man. Just to many other things demanding my money.[ Later

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Bolt Action.

In an ideal world an Anschutz M54, but since I don't have that sort of budget I'm extremely happy with my CZ mini-mauser.

-Grant

·
Premium Member
12,099 Posts
Marlin 39 Mountie. FUN, fast & really reliable and accurate.
Had 2 in my early years, one when I was about 12, another as a young adult.
Both gone now.
I have a 10-.22 - one of the real early ones with the grooved forend. GOOD rifle.
I have ran a couple of different bulk pack boxes of ammo through this, plinking and hunting, and I do not think it has jammed or failed-to-feed or eject.
My most ACCURATE .22 was the Winchester 75 target I had 4 years ago.
I think I will try to pick up another Marlin 39 Mountie one of these days.

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
My favorite .22 rifle is this Mannlicher 10/22. I wanted one for several years, and bought it from a co-worker in 1998 for $125. It was bone stock. I put a Simmons 22Mag silver scope on it, and kept it that way for several years. I could never get a good cheek weld though. I traded it in on a CZ452 and regretted it. My wife went to the gun shop owner and arranged to make payments to buy it back without me knowing. That rifle is special to me!

I bought my kids 10/22's this year, and found a take-off 22" barrel. I put it on my Mannlicher 10/22 and threw a set of Williams peep rights on the receiver and a 3 prong Ruger sight on the front. I polished up the hammer & sear and installed a bobby pin for a return spring. I think the longer barrel and slim forearm reminds me of a 1903 Springfield.

Now, my special to me rifle is a perfect!

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Browning 22 A-bolt I've had for many years now. Accurate and solid.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts