Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 11 year old daughter has been shooting for a little over a year. Last night they moved her from 10yards to 15 and convinced her to score ten rounds. Over 30 arrows she scored 185. She is the only trad shooter in a room full of compounds and was starting to out shooting the boy next to her who shot a 213 with a fully rigged compound at the same distance, unfortunately she ran out of time. Last week they set up balloons on the targets and nobody would shoot next to her for fear of being out shot.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Congrats! Remind her that what she is doing is much harder than what they do when they have scopes and wheels! She should be as proud as a peacock!

Alan

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
185 is a great score....better than I did my first year of leagues and I was 39!!

I'm sure you're proud.

Dewayne Martin

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I switched to a korean bow with a thumb ring last year so she has a fairly easy time whooping me at the 3d shoots we have gone to. When I was shooting my recurve she would only beat me by 20-30 but with my little bow it gets a little more embarrassing.

Yes I am very proud!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I told my daughter our first 3d shoot is April 5 so she started to practice. She is only competitive against her dad and she usually smokes me. Out of the three 3d shoots we did last year the only one she struggled was the one she had to shoot from the same stake as me, the shots on this particular course were all elevation shots and hard for me as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well done to your daughter great shooting! There are so few sports where children can compete alongside adults (and quite often beat them)! I love being out in the woods with my daughter seeing her struggle emotionally on occasion when things aren't going well but then pull herself together and get on with things. She has matured so much in the last year and she is only 8!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts