Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cussing:Yup. Damn!!! My 2014 Grizzly is having fiberglass separation from its maple core towards the bottom of the bottom limb. Time for a new bow under warranty!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that's true, its still under warranty at least. I would posta pic but Im pretty new here and have no idea how to. The part that sucks is I know Bear is pretty backed up and I might have to wait a couple months for a new bow!! Hopefully they can upgrade me to a super Kodiak for my troubles! hahaha

·
Registered
28 Posts
Luckeeeeee!

Whenever I get a new bow shipped to me from Mr. Westvang, I have to send him money.;)

Buuuuuut... it's always money well spent!!!

Sorry to hear about the bow and hopefully Bear will get a new one into your hands quickly.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
I've had older bows come apart, never a new one. Then again, I don't often buy 'new' ;-)

'Gently used' is usually a bargain.

I know guys who regularly shoot old classics, and while I love them, for frequent shooting I prefer new-ish.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I had the exact same problem with my 2014 Grizzly two weeks ago. I emailed Bear archery and they gave me a return authorization number I USPSed it to them 5 days later including a weekend it's replacement was on my door step. I bought it from Big Jim Bows in Cloverdale and the sent me a pack of broad heads to cover the cost of me shipping it back to Bear. Great service from both companies. I also noticed that you had previously mentioned that you have a Samick Sage, so you can keep practicing. I bought that Grizzly for blind, and tree stand hunting, I believe the Sage is a smoother and more forgiving bow than the Grizzly. Anyway they will make it right for you.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had the exact same problem with my 2014 Grizzly two weeks ago. I emailed Bear archery and they gave me a return authorization number I USPSed it to them 5 days later including a weekend it's replacement was on my door step. I bought it from Big Jim Bows in Cloverdale and the sent me a pack of broad heads to cover the cost of me shipping it back to Bear. Great service from both companies. I also noticed that you had previously mentioned that you have a Samick Sage, so you can keep practicing. I bought that Grizzly for blind, and tree stand hunting, I believe the Sage is a smoother and more forgiving bow than the Grizzly. Anyway they will make it right for you.
I used to have a sage, but I gave it to a good friend of mine. Damn I wonder if its just overall QC at Bear right now. That's great that you got it back in 5 days!! I was worried about them being way backordered. I was going to ask bear if they could just send me back a new Montana if they were backed up (both bows msrp are $360

·
Registered
121 Posts
it sucks that your brand new bow started to delam. I'm just glad she didn't come apart while you were at full draw. As everybody else has said, they'll make it right. as far as QC, well, it's kinda like the swiss cheese theory. you can do everything right, do all your checks, and verify everything. every once in a blue moon, the holes will line up just right and something will slip through, even though you did everything right. From a QA standpoint, they track these things, and investigate them. if a trend appears, they will take action to correct it, and perhaps even adjust procedures to keep it from happening again. by all means, keep us informed as to how things play out.

-rich

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Everyone has a bad product now and then. As long as the company takes the time to replace the product and investigate the cause of the issue, I understand and don't get upsets. I have seen guys all but scream and holler like it was a personal attack.
Don't judge a bow company by how they conduct themselves when things go well. Judge them by how they handle business when things go bad.
Based upon your situation, I would now be more likely to deal with these folks now than before your problem. You now know their character and ethics.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good point strayer. They've been great; they're shipping me a brand new bow as I type!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.