Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Chiropractor induced ban on all my archery activity has been lifted after a two week lay off.... Yiippeeeee ...
So I've been out back this evening and shot a few arrows from a low poundage (35lb) 1965 Marksman Bandit and it was wonderful.
There's a little bit of residual soreness in the muscles but my range of motion and movement is back to pain free normality.
I've put my own maintainance and injury prevention pre shooting program in place that involves some gentle stretching and mobility exercises and I've also brought a old low poundage left handed bow to to do some opposite hand shooting to establish a little symmetry.

So .. all in all .. I think I'm back on track

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...until the next time you try to pull one of those English war bows.
..I know .. I'm my own worst enemy ... did I mention I've also just acquired a 80lb Howard Hill style bow ... you know ... the style of hand grip that really hurts my hand and wrist when I shoot one.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,698 Posts
Phil,

Fortunately, my body was already broken before I took up archery. That is why I have never fallen into the heavy bow realm. My most serious injuries did not come as much from the years of climbing, but rather trying to turn golf into a sport by swinging too hard when I first started learning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts