Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started using muzzy 100 gr, got sold on the idea of a great tip that punches thru target first, then cuts, they fly superbly from my LB,
however I just found out the replacement blades are 2/3rds the cost of complete broadhead, not cost-effective to buy the blades, when I can replace the broadhead for just a bit less sunaj

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I'm using those as well. I'm just using the set of practice blades they provide for practice and they fly great. I saw the blades as cheap as $15 for the 3 blade, which is what I'm using.

I'll tell you what. I took a 100grain field point and a 100 grain Muzzy and put each one in the powder scale. The Muzzy is 1 grain heavier than the field point and all 6 of the BHs weigh exactly the same. I know they're not trad, but they're used a lot around here for killing deer. I wouldn't use them for poking a hole in elk, but for deer they should be more than adequate.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I'd want cut on contact with a little thicker blades. They might work just fine. I don't know. I'll see what they do to deer first.

·
Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Frankly I am sold on the superiority of a chisel point, which are extremly sharp, opening a wound channel, tunneling thru bone if necessary, esp on heavy game, followed by the blades (muzzy)theoretically at least at this point
sunaj

·
Registered
454 Posts
I've killed eight bulls with Muzzy's, and a big nilgia bull in south Texas, and don't have any problems with them at all. I use the little 90 graineres, and three buddies use the 100 grainers. In 1999, I killed the first animal with a prototype 75 grainer, a little 6x6 bull, and got awsome penetration out of a 57# Widow. Muzzy's were designed to penetrate, and they do a very good job of it.
AS for the cost of the replacement blades, I don't know what to say. But for the sharpness of the new blades, I think it's money well spent. Crowdog

·
Spearhead
3,411 Posts
I also like the Muzzy broadheads, I have many but the 90gr 4 blade are my personal favorites of the muzzys, but this year I drew an elk tag so I opted to go with the magnus snuffer ss..
HMMM come to think of it I have alot of broadheads think its a fetish beacuse I seem to never stick anything with hair:( but have alot of broadheads..

I was going to replace some of my blades and order some points for my 90gr muzzy heads, let me tell you Muzzy makes a great product but they contract the shipping and ordering out, from other companies and they donot have the customer relations or servisces that muzzy has not one bit of it.. If your order isn't correct and you need to use the customer service or return something GOOD LUCK..:mad: I would rather talk to my Xwife than deal with shoptron and ultraproducts, if you order direct from muzzy these are the people who will be filling/shipping your order :(

BTW Crowdog has farmington grown much? used to live in bloomfield, aztec and floravista when I was a teen some years ago, just some old stomping grounds, do the kids still cruise main and turn around at the sonic?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts