Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Re: Calling Mr. Ben Rodgers

A picture of Mr. Rogers when he shot a bow named Carroll :)

Damn, Larry. That's a story within a story. I started shooting in 1968, bowhunter style with a recurve in the barebow class. Went to my first nationals in 1974 in Golden, Colorado, finishing 2nd to Cal Vogt in bowhunter class. That October and November, our club held their club championships and we had a pretty cocky freestyler who motivated me to shoot freestyle those two months. The first shoot, I shot my bow as I would have bowhunter, except I shot a release. I dropped my first two arrows in the 3 ring and shot a 556. (old face). 5-3 scoring in those days. The next month, I shot a 558 and continued to shoot freestyle through the 1975 Outdoor Nfaa nationals, then went back to nonsight shooting. Those Carroll bows were 60# holding 41 but they sure felt good compared to shooting a recurve.LOL. I can't believe I ever wore pants that looked like that!!!

·
Space For Sale
229 Posts

I can't believe you wore pants like that either. :)
My whole image of you is different now. ( in a good way )
That bow sure has some classic curves. Loved the looks of the bow, but the grip didn't agree with me.
Great picture Ben. Thanks for that Larry.

·
Registered
624 Posts

Maybe we could start a new thread labeled "Ben Rogers" for correctness, consistency and ease of searching for future reference. I feel these shooter profiles are extremely beneficial for new and veteran shooters alike.

Can't wait to read your story Ben.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Re: Mr. Ben (plaid panties)Rogers

Is that flowers on the riser of that bow??

Dewayne

1 - 20 of 105 Posts