Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,814 Posts
MBB is great. I have (or had) the first two, plus Modern Traditional. I loaned one (not sure which) to an old archery coach of mine, who left town with it. I will probably have to buy another copy. They really helped me get started and I should re-watch them.

The books that are really helping me now are not necessarily traditional, but address form which is common to all archery. They are Kisik Lee's Total Archery - Inside the Archer, and Ray Axford's Archery Anatomy. I have almost finished my first time through Archery Anatomy, which unlike Total Archery, I am reading from front to back. I skip around Total Archery since it is setup as small chapters, each addressing a single element of form, as taught at the National Training Center.

I recently purchased Anthony Camera's Shooting the Stickbow. It appears to be a really good reference book. I may have gotten more out of the form sections if I had purchased it when I was starting out, and before I started on my current form path. I am sure I will get a lot out of it. Everything you can imagine is in there somewhere.

Haywood's and Lewis's Archery, Steps to Success is a pretty good book for the beginner. I have read it cover to cover many times. It covers the basics pretty well but I was very surprised that it does not address the hook. I am not sure how you can have an archery book that does not discuss how to hook the string.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,814 Posts
For form Rick McKinneys book The Simple Art of Winning - it's for oly form but apart from the anchor point difference it covers most of what's needed regardless of what you're shooting - M
Another good one. I had forgotten about it. It was the first archery book I bought. I will have to find my copy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.