Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I am just now getting into setting up my Morrison 17 inch ILF aluminum riser with my KAP short limbs. Nice bow. Feels good in the hand.

I have one of the "plastic" type NAP Centerrest clones on it now. I have used these in the past with no problems and they seem to hold up really well. If I end up deciding to go with this type of rest permanently I'll get one of the NAP rests to replace it with.

This riser has a shelf that is slightly raised in the center, but there is no padding or shelf material on it, just bare metal right now. No doubt many that have these risers shoot them off the shelf.

I would like to get some advice and suggestions on what you all do with risers like this, or if you have one like it, with this setup.

It would be very simple to set up the shelf for shooting. All I have to do is put some of the "fluffy" Velcro stuff on it and go. Of course there are lots of things that could be used in this situation.

What do you all think would give the best flight? What would you suggest I go with and why? Are there reasons to go with one over the other and if so, what are they? I'm mean other than just personal preference.

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Nalajr

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
I have a 19" and shoot it off the shelf with velcro. Ive shot it with a plunger and with a hoyt stick on rest. I use it for my bowfishing riser at the moment and just use velcro.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Got a 19" Phoenix XD. shoot it with HEX6 limbs.off the shelf with velcro and a shorty plunger. 3 under.
Works great, perfect arrow flight.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
I shoot mine with rest and plunger, but started with the plunger low and a rug-type rest material over the hump. Shoots well either way.

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Feathers are strongly recomended for shooting off the shelf. Vanes or feathers are fine on rests. For most folks rests will tune easier and give better flight.

Rasyad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts