Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at Max 6's. I'm wondering what the expected poundage change is when going up to a 25-27 inch riser. has anyone done it yet? I know with the big hooks, things get goofy with the poundage to length rules.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Bob's website lists the 'gain' of his risers using ILF 'standard' limbs. It generally is around 7-8 pounds. If his limbs are rated on his risers, you could subtract 7-8 and be in the ballpark with a standard riser.

Probably best to call or email Bob (or wait 'til he pops in here)

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
The only way a riser can gain or loose 7 or 8 pound is going from a 17 to a 21 inch riser or some 4 inch increment. I believe Bob's asking about change with Morrison SR limbs that don't hold to the formula of 1 pound an inch.

And since we don't know what you're going FROM to a 25-27 inch riser, I don't think anyone will speculate a guess.

I'd ask Brandon.

Bowmania

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Bob had changed his limb pad angle so his risers gained the same weight regardless of length.

As for the limbs, contact the new owner.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I should have been more clear in my post. I'm planning on running a set of longs on a 15 inch riser to create a 60 inch bow drawing about 45 lbs specifically for hunting. I would also like to put those same limbs on a 25-27 inch riser and hopefully have a pull somewhere in the upper 30's. I emailed brandon about this and he hasn't put them on a longer target style riser, so didn't have the weight difference. I assumed that there are enough of them in the wild that someone must have put them onto a target riser at some point and scaled them.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
To boldly go...

When you have them mounted, tell us what they draw to and we'll have a new data point ;-)

·
Registered
2 Posts
May I add some similar question? Its the same topic...

I want to buy a 19inch phoenix riser and max6's with 42# (tiller screws turns full in) at 28inch draw length.

I have a 23inch target riser with limb pad angle 20 degree and pivot point is 1/2inch behind the top of the tiller screws (=closer to the shooter)
-> Can I expect to have the max6#s at 38# with 28inch?

If Brandon is looking at this forum would be great if we get some infos here.
Thx in advance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts