Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
markliep
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently received a pair of Sky TR7 XCCB limbs to match to a Best Moon riser - it's early days yet & I don't feel the love from the grip & so am waiting on a Jager while I sand away & play with a minimal tune - on the positive side the riser itself is a keeper & the limbs are are the smoothest & quietest recurve limbs I've shot to date (as compared to a couple of dozen others) & somehow have that bamboo feeling but in a quiet controlled way vs the snappiness I've noticed with other boo recurve limbs - almost like a LB limb.

I don't have have HankT's graphing software or skills but with the help of my youngest kid (read approximate data) I generated a basic DFC & first derivative curve comparing my Border CVS with the TR7 limbs - have put trend lines in as that's the best way that I think the similarities can be viewed.

From a shooting perspective, the Borders are faster, lighter & crisper feeling while the Sky's are smoother & quieter - the Borders also have a bit of a let off in the last couple of inches of draw for me - I think I've got two very different keepers ... kind of like my assorted offspring - M.

BTW For the data set geeks - data was collected on XL limbs off different 25" risers (Samick Vision & Best Moon) - limb weights are within a pound of each other at 38# at 31" DL

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
I don't know what the graphs say but I have the same riser and limbs and agree both are keepers!

·
markliep
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kenn - main info I got from the graphs is that these two limbs draw very similarly with the Border showing less weight gain at the 30-31" mark which translates to a feeling of let off - M

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.