Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those using monofilament as a center serving, what is the minimal poundage you would use? I tried 30lb .023, but it was too thick for my nocks. I've never used it before, but was suggested to try it by a handful of people. 25lb might work, but would that be too much risk in breakage?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Locomo
843 Posts
John,

Brownell used to sell 100 yd spool's of monofilament (size that would fit the bjorn or cavalier serving tools) and to the best of my knowledge it came marked as .18 or .21 which was it's actual diameter in thousands.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have just started experimenting with braided fishing line for serving material. Its available in a multitude of poundage and therefore thickness for different strand count

·
Podunk
478 Posts
For those using monofilament as a center serving, what is the minimal poundage you would use? I tried 30lb .023, but it was too thick for my nocks. I've never used it before, but was suggested to try it by a handful of people. 25lb might work, but would that be too much risk in breakage?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Hi John, I have a partial roll of .018 mono that is yours for the taking. PM me your address and I'll send it your way if you want it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts