Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Always looking for the perfect tab. This is a mamba venom 1 that I took to the machinist and had modified - needed a couple of new slots for the webbing and my marks.

Liking it so far - I'm going to see if they will punch me some replacement faces.

Matt

---------------------------------------------------

Team Montana - we are coming for your quarters ;-)

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
This is a A&F three under tab from Holland. It has a metal plate on the front. There is a perpendicular upright that separates your index and middle finger. This means that the edge of the tab is always in the same relation to your index finger. Made placing my crawls very accurate,

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
It worried me a bit when Greysides said he could not use them, I order six :). The tab and I have got on very well. I think the upright works well for me. Its the crawl to the wrap very accurate.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm still learning it Rusty I'm having a little trouble keeping my nail on the spot but I like it so far.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Matt, is that your sons tab, looks tiny in your hand. :lol: you must have a cleeeeaaaannnn release.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ken

I'm two under so that keeps it small. Never had problems with small tabs but my release is far from clean. It is what it is and I've learned to live with it. I think using a bunch of back tension cleans it up some.

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,512 Posts
Relax the fingers and bring your elbow around your head on expansion. These are the two things that really clean up my release..... plus the back tension, but that's standard.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
This is a A&F three under tab from Holland. It has a metal plate on the front. There is a perpendicular upright that separates your index and middle finger. This means that the edge of the tab is always in the same relation to your index finger. Made placing my crawls very accurate,

Rusty I did the same trick (for the same reason) on my home made tabs. Essentially a brass plated 2 finger version of the Cavalier tab. I'll see if I can post a pic later.

·
Premium Member
All
1,045 Posts
Hello All
Rusty you beat me to it. Iwas going to make a post picture.

I took a a split tab. Kept the no pinch atached and added a new 3 under leaf tab.
Works great. And here I thought I had found someting new. ha ha.

Rusty I like your finger seperater better than mine. Yours is thinner.

=============

Hello Matt
Matt you can remove your tab leaf's. Cut a new leaf being the same shape.At-ached the leaf to the metal piece with a clamp.
Grind or sand a small electric sodering iron . To be the same diameter as your tab metal holes

Heat up the iron and while the leaf is fasten to your metal piece. Just melt the holes out in your tab leaf.Its real easy and fast. 2 minuets maybe to burn all your hole.[ Later

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello All
Rusty you beat me to it. Iwas going to make a post picture.

I took a a split tab. Kept the no pinch atached and added a new 3 under leaf tab.
Works great. And here I thought I had found someting new. ha ha.

Rusty I like your finger seperater better than mine. Yours is thinner.

=============

Hello Matt
Matt you can remove your tab leaf's. Cut a new leaf being the same shape.At-ached the leaf to the metal piece with a clamp.
Grind or sand a small electric sodering iron . To be the same diameter as your tab metal holes

Heat up the iron and while the leaf is fasten to your metal piece. Just melt the holes out in your tab leaf.Its real easy and fast. 2 minuets maybe to burn all your hole.[ Later
Thanks - drilling those holes was a pain.

·
Registered
9,459 Posts
Matt, do you find 2 under puts more pressure on your fingers? I know an old guy that used to shoot BB compound 2 under and ended up loosing the feeling in his fingers from nerve damage, or so he says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
All
1,045 Posts
Thanks - drilling those holes was a pain.

============
Hello All
Know what you mean there.They are a pain to drill.I did that way first.
And then said self. They got's to be a better way. [Smile

Little hind site here. You can burn two or 3 holes. And screw down the tab leaf.
Take off the clamp. And then burn the rest.[ Later

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,696 Posts
I talked to Matt Zumbo's dad a year and a half ago about the possibility of a three under version of the Black Mamba tab. The problem is that the strap laces through the spacer. He did, however, come out with one. I don't remember how they worked out the strap. I did not find it remarkably better than other tabs, as I did with the split version. I did not buy one. The great thing about the Black Mamba tab is the spacer and how the webbing is set up for the fingers. I have two of his split tabs.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Matt, do you find 2 under puts more pressure on your fingers? I know an old guy that used to shoot BB compound 2 under and ended up loosing the feeling in his fingers from nerve damage, or so he says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jon

I've always shot with an extra layer in my tabs and never had a problem.

Matt

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I talked to Matt Zumbo's dad a year and a half ago about the possibility of a three under version of the Black Mamba tab. The problem is that the strap laces through the spacer. He did, however, come out with one. I don't remember how they worked out the strap. I did not find it remarkably better than other tabs, as I did with the split version. I did not buy one. The great thing about the Black Mamba tab is the spacer and how the webbing is set up for the fingers. I have two of his split tabs.
Hank

I had to have a set of slots cut where the spacer was. I'll get in touch with those guys for some more cordovan. Getting to like this tab.

Matt

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,696 Posts
I got my first Black Mamba tab to support Matt Zumbo, one of our best junior FITA shooters (final 16 in the Olympic trials). He developed it for himself and then started a business to sell it. I bought my first from his dad at a FITA tournament a few years ago, when they were first starting out. I really liked the tab and have used it ever since.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
That 'upright' is interesting. Like the spacer on a can't-pinch split tab. Wondering if it would help for non-SW shooters as well. Tab slippage seems like a minor matter but is it?

""The problem is that the strap laces through the spacer.""

Easy to notch it, harder to punch a slot. hmmm. Need to see it pre-assembly.

PS anyone have a link for 'Black Mamba' tabs? Thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.