Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our very own member Kenn1320,"Ken Rienas," is currently in first place in the instinctive class in canada,for the world archery 3d championship.
Look under USA archery. It,s happening now.
GO KEN !!!

·
Premium Member
12,275 Posts
we're rooting for you Buddy

Reactions: kenn1320

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Thanks guys. Been off line most of the trip. Had some time this morning, so thought I would see what's happening on TT. No real talk about this event. TT has changed a lot since I joined. Used to be lots of talk about competition and how to shoot better. Not so much anymore or so it seems.

·
Spearhead
3,411 Posts
Hope you shot well Kenn.
Was able to catch the females trad shootoff and the freestyle during breaks today but nothing more.

Your right TT has changed quite a bit.

Chad

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Ended up shooting poorly in the finals and took Silver. I was cool like Fonzy till we walked out on the field. :lol: I executed my shots well, just think tension took its toll on my accuracy. This is the 3rd time Molnar has won it, so he was probably better prepared for this.

Reactions: Jim Casto Jr

·
Premium Member
12,275 Posts
Ken, good job friend. Congratulations

Reactions: kenn1320

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Congrats Ken with silver and Dwayne with bronze and Calvin and Fawn in forth and another longbow lady from the US (sorry lost the name)also 4Th.Strong showing by are archers-great shooting.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Congrats Ken with silver and Dwayne with bronze and Calvin and Fawn in forth and another longbow lady from the US (sorry lost the name)also 4Th.Strong showing by are archers-great shooting.
Amber Yott was our 4th place longbow. She has only been shooting traditional/longbow for 2yrs. :highfive: Everyone on team USA did great.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Grats!
Could you please share your bow and arrow choice and personal take on the 3D setup? Thanks
My setup was a 70" recurve by Border archery. The riser is a ilf covert hunter and the limbs are long cvx-h [email protected]"(BH at 6.625"). I used a hoyt stick on super rest, shooting 3 under. Bow was set up to shoot 30m point on. Arrows were Black eagle carnivors in 400 spine. 30" of carbon with 145gr tophats, 60mm high Xswings and beiter nocks (396gr @ 195fps).

This bow flat out spits an arrow and worked well for my style of shooting. I suck at judging yardage, but look at the gap. I dont think about numbers, just look at the target and think thats close, medium, far, or max. I hold the point of the arrow where I think it needs to be to hit the target if that makes sense? The winner was shooting a bow that I didn't recognize, and he didnt speak English. He understood enough to communicate that he was getting 214fps with very light weight arrows. It was evident that most everyone I shot with was close to that 200fps mark, some exceeding it. I only shot with 8 different shooters of the 44 in the class. There were lots of Border bows, wish we could of got a group picture.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Ken, just curious about your rationale for shooting the conventional profile CVX limbs instead of the faster Hex series? Seems like the additional speed/flatter trajectory would be beneficial if you have trouble judging yardage, no?

·
Premium Member
2,235 Posts
Thanks for the link, Ken and congratulations. I watched all the instinctive, barebow, longbow and team competitions last night--thoroughly enjoyed it.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Congrats, Kenn. During your final match, about what distance was the farthest target? You said you suck at estimating distances, so an approximation is okay. :)

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
How did you go about fixing the limb bolt to meet class rules? Also what methods did the other guys use?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts