Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this bow on the 'gang and thought you guys would get a kick out of it...limagine the response two years ago...let the cross pollination begin...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Now Atlantis I've not had the trouble with trad police on the gang as at the wall. By the way the bows 54# @ 28" carbon back, actionboo lams, glass belly, canebrake skins, darton excel compound riser, nap plunger rest, short stabalizer, simms recurve buttons, and Ultra-Cam string. Sounds almost compoundish doesn't it. Super Techno Trad!!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Whatever it it, it's TRAD...I'm knapping a stabilizer for it...now that I think about it, you're right about the 'gang too...

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Cross-pollination... that's funny. :p

I was wondering if those limb skins were Adam's photo-realistic skins or the real thing. Think I'm gonna get some of those photo-realistic ones in Copperhead for my Quinn Longhorn moonbeamer limbs.

·
Banned
1,826 Posts
Looks like the riser is made out of granite -- that should pass the trad test.

Hank :)

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
At the risk of a little sarcasm, I'd say that the couple elitest snobs that might comment on TG's shooters forum most likely don't know what it is or how to comment on it....:2cents:

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
That's a fine looking bow.
From what I've seen the Gang is pretty receptive to metal risers, rests, etc.. There seem to be a few boneheads who like to start arguements but you'll have that anywhere. I still love to look at the pictures of the pretty wood bows and fancy crested arrows. Heck, some day I'd like to have an all wood Dryad Windtalker or Soothsayer. Of course a DAS and a Black Swan Impala are first!
I think this site has done it's job well!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Just last year there was a big debate about metal risers over there. Things got heated up pretty good on the subject, and the thread was closed, then another moderator opend it back up, but moved it to the shooters forum, and things got rolling again. The good thing is, that it showed how some of the folks really felt on the subject, & it was all brought out in the light of day.

Go and do a search on it. It's pretty entertaining.

·
Barebow Recurve Shooter
4,540 Posts
I have not heard the Darton riser being mentioned as a candidate for "Warfing" before. Is this breaking new ground or did I miss something?

Dave

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hank you caught me, dang I was trying to hide that the riser was made of ice age deposits held together with powdered limestone that was deposited while Nebraska was still a prehistoric lake. I know I shouldn't have tried to hide that but I so wanted to be accepted by the TradTalk group. Atlantis I'm currently knapping a stabilizer from some volcanic obsidian I found here in New Mexico so I guess I should admit to it now. Pinelander that hurt, now I have to admit that those skins were actual snakes and not from computer graphics printed on adhesive backed vinyl. Dang guess I'm just trad not techno trad material. ;^)

·
Isaiah 49:2
844 Posts
Anyone seen the TradGang thread on Adcock bows? theyve got some guy on there who just had to pop off on the untraditionalism of the bows. And I quote: "I am going to open up a whole can of (OPPS/Here Goes), but here I go. We shoot traditional archery, we adhere to old bowyer making traditions, we hunt using this old school technology because we choose to be different and beleive in our ability as hunters and sportsman that we may in someway be like our forefathers and not only meet the challege but excell and reach a personal goal that we as individuals chose, and yet we desire a state of the art carbon fiber model "T" that Henry Ford never offered because the materials were even invented yet. Is this what traditional archery has progressed to. The concaved design isn't new in the engineering design industry for strenght to weight ratio factors, the next great bowyer will produce a tri-angle limb that differs in the compression ratio on the forward leading edge of the limb, and the O.L. Adcock will be passed by. We as traditional archer need to not lose sight of why this is still fun. Theres a lot to say about not driving a "T" Carbon fiber Henry Ford Model "A" or Model "T". And owning a conventional traditional bow. Please reveiw and advise."

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
What do you want to bet his "conventional, traditional bow" has fiberglass backing, instead of being a selfbow or ELB, and he's shooting aluminum instead of wood, with plastic nocks?

·
Premium Member
5,438 Posts
I can understand why someone would be enthralled with the romanticism and nostalgia of the turn of the century or before. What I don't understand is why they think that's what the motivation for everyone who shoots a stickbow should be. I don't care about "being different". I like shooting recurves (and sometimes longbows). I enjoy them for what they are, not for what they make me. I don't feel like Howard Hill or Ishi while I'm stalking the woods with my recurve. I feel like myself, only happier and less stressed than usual. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts